Updated Privacy Statement

Teams "Give Control" Bar and red border invisible

sdreiling2

Question

Hi,

i didn't find any post or soulution about this behavior yet.

Normally, when sharing the screen / window / program there is a red border around it and a bar on top to give control.

This is completely missing.

Strange behavior:

Now if I share something with teams and press my PrintScreen-Key which opens Greenshot the bar and red border is visible. ?

If I use Remote Desktop Connection it works.

So I think it must it can be handled by a Citrix grafics policy or something like this, but I couldn't find a solution yet.

Anyone having an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

9 answers to this question

6 hours ago, sdreiling2 said:

Hi,

i didn't find any post or soulution about this behavior yet.

Normally, when sharing the screen / window / program there is a red border around it and a bar on top to give control.

This is completely missing.

Strange behavior:

Now if I share something with teams and press my PrintScreen-Key which opens Greenshot the bar and red border is visible. ?

If I use Remote Desktop Connection it works.

So I think it must it can be handled by a Citrix grafics policy or something like this, but I couldn't find a solution yet.

Anyone having an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

Teams version?

VDA version and OS?

GPU on the VDA?

If you are not optimizing Teams, then my recommendation is to contact Microsoft directly.

Although this is not working in a Citrix environment, the UI is still controlled by Microsoft.

Hi,

VDA Version ist 1912LTSR xx

Teams Version = latest

GPU = Yes

Workspace APP 1912LTSR xx

When activating the Teams optimizations the most users are unable to share to screen / programms and desktop choices are missing. This seems to be extremly buggy so we disabled this feature.

I guess if we ask Microsoft they will ask if it is working without a Citrix connection. It does - so they will fingerpoint to Citrix. ?

Hello Sebastian, 

we have a similar issue. The incoming call window at the bottom right is unfortunately not visible in a single session VDI. In a Multi Sessoin session the window is visible. Both operating systems are Windows Server 2019. Both teams versions are the same. Unfortunately, the bug is also present in VDA 2112. Per RDP the problem does not occur as well. Also the window is visible when taking a screenshot.

Hi,

is it supported to use the CR VDA on LTSR to get the latest Teams Features in XENAPP? We have LTSR 1912 CU4 right now installed on the controllers. We will upgrade to CU5 next week. Are there any known problems when mixing VDA and Broker Versions? Our OS for XENAPP is Server 2016.

Thanks

On 4/28/2022 at 6:43 AM, Gerald Winkler said:

Hi,

is it supported to use the CR VDA on LTSR to get the latest Teams Features in XENAPP? We have LTSR 1912 CU4 right now installed on the controllers. We will upgrade to CU5 next week. Are there any known problems when mixing VDA and Broker Versions? Our OS for XENAPP is Server 2016.

Thanks

Yes, you can, with caveats:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX205549

Can a customer use a Current Release (CR) VDA with LTSR version Controller?

Customer deployments that mix CR and LTSR components are not eligible for the benefits of LTSR. For example, customers might want to retain their core management infrastructure components on the LTSR but move the VDA to the latest CR for certain use cases such as a new OS platform support (for instance, Windows Server 2022). In these cases, customers can mix LTSR controllers with CR VDAs, but customers should be well aware of the risks involved in running mixed servicing options environments. Here are some key things to remember in this situation: 

The site is no longer LTSR compliant and not eligible for the benefits of LTSR including extended support. 

VDA support will be via CR path and lifecycle. Please reference the Servicing Options product lifecycle pages for more information on CR support and maintenance periods. 

The latest CR VDA only works with the most recent LTSR Controller with the latest Cumulative Update. E.g. 2106 VDA will work with the latest 1912 LTSR Controller CU only. Citrix will not go to any extended efforts to make the latest CR VDA work with LTSR Controller CUs. 

Not all features available in a CR VDA might work in a mixed deployment as some features might require both management components and VDA upgrades. In some cases, a newer Citrix Workspace app might also be required. Please review the documentation to learn about specific feature support requirements. 

Solution: https://enterprise-support.nvidia.com/s/article/Invisible-Microsoft-Teams-Control-Bar-and-Minimized-Window-on-VDI

It worked for me. 

Workaround:

1) VMware provided the below registry key when using Blast protocol:

HKLM\Software\Policies\VMware, Inc.\VMware Blast\config

PixelProviderForceViddCapture REG_SZ : 1  

2) Citrix provided the below registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\Graphics\AdapterMerits]

"CitrixIDD"=dword:00000003

On 7/13/2022 at 6:13 PM, Luca Cananzi said:

Solution: https://enterprise-support.nvidia.com/s/article/Invisible-Microsoft-Teams-Control-Bar-and-Minimized-Window-on-VDI

It worked for me. 

Workaround:

1) VMware provided the below registry key when using Blast protocol:

HKLM\Software\Policies\VMware, Inc.\VMware Blast\config

PixelProviderForceViddCapture REG_SZ : 1  

2) Citrix provided the below registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\Graphics\AdapterMerits]

"CitrixIDD"=dword:00000003

I tried this regkey also but it didn't changed anything. The missing red border is only when connecting via IGEL and sharing a Screen via Teams. When doing the same from a Windows Fatclient, the red border is visible.

Thanks for any ideas.