Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Unable to enroll user on a iOS device

Marc Kuhn

Question

Hi guys

i have a new XenMobile (On-Prem) Server up and running and did some testings. Yesterday everything worked fine, but today i'm not able anymore to enroll a new iOS device (don't have setup Android). The process stops after installing the profile and get back to the Citrix Secure Hub. Instead of getting the screen where i can define the PIN i receive the login prompt again and i'm not able to login there. When i run the XenMobile Analyzer i receive this:

image.thumb.png.fde5ed30e96d8505341d550343d6ab29.png

Can someone point to the right direction what could cause this?

Many thanks for your help

Best regards,

Marc

11 answers to this question

Hello

when you enroll a device, the first step is the MDM part with the profile and the second the MAM part. 
The MAM part use your gateway to connect your device to your ADC. If it fails at this point I would recommend you to check your ADC configuration on the ADC itself and in the property on your XMS. 
Did you run the tests ? On XMS and ADC ?

thanks

• Like 1

Hi Arnaud

thanks for your feedback. On the XMS Server the check gives me this:

image.thumb.png.83afb9ad87b408c1b9a3abb6c197e6a3.png

on the ADC i see these error's:

image.thumb.png.f3e6aee03db71f6102d8e9547eec5b3d.png

These error's i think are related to the firmware of the ADC, the LDAP checks are all red, but are working correctly.

I saw this article here: XenMobile Android Enterprise & iOS devices failed to enroll after ADC upgrade to 13.0-82.41+ or 12.1-62.23+ (citrix.com)

Could that probably an issue?

Many thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,
Marc

10 minutes ago, Marc Kuhn said:

Hi Arnaud

These error's i think are related to the firmware of the ADC, the LDAP checks are all red, but are working correctly.

I saw this article here: XenMobile Android Enterprise & iOS devices failed to enroll after ADC upgrade to 13.0-82.41+ or 12.1-62.23+ (citrix.com)

Best regards,
Marc

Hello

when you enroll a device, the first step is the MDM part with the profile and the second the MAM part. 
The MAM part use your gateway to connect your device to your ADC. If it fails at this point I would recommend you to check your ADC configuration on the ADC itself and in the property on your XMS. 

thanks

Marc. 

it’s an option. If the enrollment issues happened after ADC upgrade I would recommend you to follow article. 
you can also just take full backup of your ADC and/or Snapshot if VPX and make the changes provided in the article to test. 
As we are Sunday maybe it’s a good time to test. 

thanks

Arnaud

Hi Arnaud

i followed the article and now i'm able to open Secure Hub with my user again, but it doesn't behave correct. I'm not asked to configure a PIN and the Secure Mail isn't able to connect. It's very strange because i was able to use Secure Mail after the Netscaler Update, which was made a couple of weeks ago.

Also the Analyzer shows still the same error, so this is the correct place, but seems to be an issue with the ADC, so i will downgrade to 79.64. Also i saw that the new current app version 21.9.0 seems to be buggy, at least i do not have any settings to make when i update the app with this version. So i will also use an older one with 21.6.0.

Let's see how that works.

Best regards,
Marc

45 minutes ago, Marc Kuhn said:

Hi Arnaud

Best regards,
Marc

Hello

thanks

Marc

Thanks for the update. 
if you do not have the prompt for Citrix PIN this means the policy is not applied. The device should appear orange on the console. 
Even if the ADC was upgraded few weeks ago did you then test enrollment or just see the issue recently?

A Quick test is in fact to downgrade ADC firmware and secure mail if you can. 

Thanks

Arnaud 

1 hour ago, Marc Kuhn said:

Hi Arnaud

Best regards,
Marc

Hello

thanks