Teams without tenant

Question

Hi guys,

I hope you can advice me on some best practises for this scenario.

Our environment is Virtual Apps 1912LTSR CU3 on Windows server 2019, clients with current Workspace App.

I know there's a huge manual about optimizing Teams in Citrix (https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/1912-ltsr/multimedia/opt-ms-teams.html), just wondering if this is all neccessary and applicable in my situation.

My client doesn't have its own MS tenant, they only want to participate in meetings set up by externals. So their users don't have a O365 account and there is no on-premises Teams  environment.

What would be the best way to install the Teams client on the VDA and use optimization with Workspace App.

Where can I get the appropiate Teams Client from MS (their downloads are bit confusing)?

Thanks a lot

1 answer to this question

Hi,

Teams is a cloud driven application, the app doesn't work if you don't have a Teams tenant. The Citrix whitepaper about Teams in Citrix is definitely worth reading.

There are some community articles as well that I can recommend:

Microsoft Teams in Citrix – Virtualwarlock.net (My blog)

Install Teams & OneDrive in Citrix (Machine-Based) – Deyda.net

Microsoft Teams on Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, part #1 – installing the damned thing – JAMES-RANKIN.COM

These article will all cover how to install the Teams app, and what to be aware of in terms of profile configuration.