Updated Privacy Statement

WS2008 R2 on Citrix Hypervisor 2008R2 - only 100Mbps

Jiri Skryja

Question

Hello, we got 3 WS2008 R2 on our server with Citrix Hypervisor 8.2 and when I chceck the speed of network adapter it shows only 100Mbps. I tried to install some drivers but without success. Server runs cause of it very slow. What should I do to reach 1Gbps? The server has 1Gbps ports.

image.thumb.png.76c26148c1e1322dc02631c49cfb64a3.png

9 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Tobias Kreidl said:

Make sure your network switch is properly set either to that speed or auto-negotiate. What does "ifconfig" show as the link speed on the CH host?  For some Windows VMs, note that the actual link speed doesn't always show up correctly.

Hello, thank you for your answer, I checked the switch and it is okay I think there will be problem between citrix and the VM, I tried file transfer adn it is really really slow.   It is not even 100 Mbps, we really need 1Gbps cause there is our internal information system on this server.

image.png

6 minutes ago, Tobias Kreidl said:

Task offloading is disabled? I know this pertains to Hyper-V, but might be helpful: https://serverfault.com/questions/894135/only-getting-100-mbit-in-hyper-v-guest-from-1-gigabit-network-connection

I think my trouble are drivers. Because Citrix Hypervisor 8.2 does not support WS2008 R2. I look at windows and it installed some old drivers from year 2008. I tried to install older VM Tools but without success. Do you have any hint please?

15 minutes ago, Alan Lantz said:

Yea, you are still using the RealTek driver. You could very well be stuck at 100Mb/sec until you upgrade away from 2008 Server

since it is no longer supported. I don't have a system to compare with, all of my XenServers remaining are 7.x.

--Alan

There is no chance to get 1Gbps?