Updated Privacy Statement

How can I find what kind of algorithm is used for my certificate?

John Francis1709160537

Question

We have received notification from Citrix stating that SHA1withRSA is being deprecated. I have only the *.crt and *.pem file but I do not have a *.csr file. How can I find from the *.crt or *.pem file what kind of Alogorithm is being used? Can you run a report on Endpoint Management to find this?

We want to remind customers that deprecation for the SHA1withRSA signature algorithm for Certificate-based authentication was announced in May 2020.

On May 31, 2021, the SHA1withRSA signature algorithm will be removed from the Credential Providers' available signature algorithm options: Certificate Signing Request menu within the administrative console. Any Citrix Endpoint Management customers using SHA1withRSA as their preferred signature algorithm must migrate to SHA256withRSA or higher by May 31, 2021. For more information, see Credential Providers.

Please note: The removal of the SHA1withRSA Signature algorithm will only affect cloud customers on May 31, 2021. The removal for on-premises customers will occur as part of a future release targeted for later this year.

Thank you,

Citrix Endpoint Management team

1 answer to this question

On 4/15/2021 at 11:27 AM, John Francis1709160537 said:

We have received notification from Citrix stating that SHA1withRSA is being deprecated. I have only the *.crt and *.pem file but I do not have a *.csr file. How can I find from the *.crt or *.pem file what kind of Alogorithm is being used? Can you run a report on Endpoint Management to find this?

We want to remind customers that deprecation for the SHA1withRSA signature algorithm for Certificate-based authentication was announced in May 2020.

On May 31, 2021, the SHA1withRSA signature algorithm will be removed from the Credential Providers' available signature algorithm options: Certificate Signing Request menu within the administrative console. Any Citrix Endpoint Management customers using SHA1withRSA as their preferred signature algorithm must migrate to SHA256withRSA or higher by May 31, 2021. For more information, see Credential Providers.

Please note: The removal of the SHA1withRSA Signature algorithm will only affect cloud customers on May 31, 2021. The removal for on-premises customers will occur as part of a future release targeted for later this year.

Thank you,

Citrix Endpoint Management team

John,

if you open you certificate you can find the information under Details tab

image.thumb.png.3977baf0f505ead20407ded58cbb9e1b.png

Arnaud