SSL VPN mapped network drives issue

Jens Ostkamp

Hello everyone

I am currently experiencing issues regarding network drives connection after establishing a SSL VPN connection (Split Tunnel)

Im running Citrix Gateway 12.1 and using SSLVPN. Basically everything works fine, but when I try to click on one of my mapped network drives, it always prompts me for authentication with the error message "The system cannot contact a domain controller to service the authentication request. Please try again later." - after manually entering the credentials below this error message, it authenticates successfully and network drive can be used afterwards.

Since my clients did use SSL VPN from Sophos before where this was never an issue and network drives just reconnected after establishing a VPN connection by themselves without any user interaction, i would want to implement this again. 

Doesn't matter if I try to access through apps or explorer. After authenticating manually once, all network drives work well. When I dont use the mapped network drive and try to enter the location of the mapped drive manually (\\fileshare01\abc\) it prompts for authentication aswell. 

From my understanding SSL VPN has issues to pass-through the windows credentials? Or does Gateway Plugin use the credentials when authenticating to SSL VPN? Because I only have a RADIUS and a non-auth LDAP (for group extract).

NetScaler build is: 12.1 61.18

Thanks very much in advance

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/30/2023 at 11:11 PM, Ajin Lathikumar1709162671 said:

Hey @Jens  .. did you fix this issue? 

Hey, the issue gone after the customer resolved some AD issues. I cannot recall what exactly was the issue, but it wasn't NetScaler-sided