Updated Privacy Statement

WinPE Driver

MArkus Wehr

Question

4 answers to this question

Now I did it with the Sledgehammer:

1. Created LiteTouchPE_x64.wim with drivers as described here https://wagthereal.com/2020/05/20/xenserver-drivers-for-winpe/

2. Dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:E:\DeploymentShare\Boot\LiteTouchPE_x64.wim /Name:"Lite Touch Windows PE (x64)" /MountDir:C:\temp\offline

3.  Delete the folder C:\temp\offline\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netrtl64.inf_amd64_8e9c2368fe308df2 

(Take ownership/add administrators permission.)

4. Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:C:\temp\offline /Commit

Importing in WDS and booting it finally loads the desired device

"XenServer PV Network Device"

regards

Markus

6 hours ago, MArkus Wehr said:

Now I did it with the Sledgehammer:

1. Created LiteTouchPE_x64.wim with drivers as described here https://wagthereal.com/2020/05/20/xenserver-drivers-for-winpe/

2. Dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:E:\DeploymentShare\Boot\LiteTouchPE_x64.wim /Name:"Lite Touch Windows PE (x64)" /MountDir:C:\temp\offline

3.  Delete the folder C:\temp\offline\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netrtl64.inf_amd64_8e9c2368fe308df2 

(Take ownership/add administrators permission.)

4. Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:C:\temp\offline /Commit

Importing in WDS and booting it finally loads the desired device

"XenServer PV Network Device"

regards

Markus

It actually makes me happy to see that so many smart people come up with solutions to things that I never would have or that would have taken me ages to figure out myself. Sharing this knowledge helps us all learn and grow. That's what community is all about.

-=Tobias

Searched a long time for this solution, thank you very much, works like a charm.

But, after discovering your solution, i found find this in www:

xe vm-param-set platform:nic_type="e1000" uuid=<UUID>

No dism, no Driver Infusion, just a simple line. I think it would be great and a help for a lot of people struggeling with XenServer and Deployment/MDT/WinPE if Citrix could make a Knowledgebase Article fot this topic.

The Problem is that you won´t find this if you a searching for WinPe and Xenserver Tools, you need to look for something like "Xenserver Gigabit Emulation"

P.S.: Maybe it would be a nice feature to set the nic emulation in XenCenter