Updated Privacy Statement

XenMobile IP address change

Ken Krause

Question

I've relocated my XenMobile virtual appliance (v.10.10) on VMWare server from one network segment to another using VMWare replication. When I recover the server and power it on, I expectedly enter into recovery mode as the server won't be able to see the database server until I change the network information. for the new segment. I access the Network configuration menu and enter the new information. When it attempts to save, I get a curl error stating that the server cannot be found and the network information is not saved. What server is it referring to? I've opened a case with Citrix support and they have no clue as to what's happening. All network connectivity is in place including access to the database server and DNS servers and will be accessible once the new IP address is saved.  What can I do to get this IP address changed? Is there any boot key commands that will allow access to the CLI other than the menu driven access?

TIA

3 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, Ken Krause said:

I've relocated my XenMobile virtual appliance (v.10.10) on VMWare server from one network segment to another using VMWare replication. When I recover the server and power it on, I expectedly enter into recovery mode as the server won't be able to see the database server until I change the network information. for the new segment. I access the Network configuration menu and enter the new information. When it attempts to save, I get a curl error stating that the server cannot be found and the network information is not saved. What server is it referring to? I've opened a case with Citrix support and they have no clue as to what's happening. All network connectivity is in place including access to the database server and DNS servers and will be accessible once the new IP address is saved.  What can I do to get this IP address changed? Is there any boot key commands that will allow access to the CLI other than the menu driven access?

TIA

Hello

Did you also move the DB to a new subnet?

Are you sure that you XMS can communicate with the DB server?

Arnaud

Thanks for the response. The DB is still in the same location it has been on an internal subnet. The XMS "should" be able to communicate with the DB server as other servers on the new XMS subnet can connect. My issue was with the CLI configuration of the XMS network settings once the recovery mode booted 3 times. It would not take the new settings and responded with the Curl error stating that the server could not be found.

I ended up resolving the issue by mounting an Ubuntu ISO to the XMS virtual server and booted to that. From there, I used Terminal and mounted the XMS OS partition as a tmp mount point. From there, I found the ip.start file and edited it to change the old network IP and gateway to the new settings. Once that was done, I booted the XMS. The new network settings were used and the server could then connect to the database. I edited the network settings one more time, properly, from the CLI on XMS just to make sure there were no other locations holding the previous settings.

Although the steps I used to mount the XMS partition were found on a page related to resetting the admin password, once mounted, I was able to poke around enough to find the ip.start file, edit it and resolve my issue.

Learn how to mount Ubuntu and access the XMS partition here:

https://www.techdrabble.com/citrix/25-reset-xenmobile-admin-cli-password