Published image to PVS: Bluescreen after added some app layers

Magnus Dalgrim

Question

I'm running App Layer version 20.3.0.12, VDA OS 2019

I have a published image (to PVS) and is working fine but when i added more application layers to the image and publish that to PVS the VDA gets a bluescreen when it starts. Is there any tool for checking the layers or something to help in troubleshooting layers?

What i have done is the following (this is very time consuming): 

1. Removed all new application layers, except one new application, from the template and published to PVS = bluescreen agian.
  2. Removed all new application layers from the template and published to PVS (now the image is as it is in production) = bluescreen
  3. Removed all application layers from the template and published to PVS (Now its only OS-Layer and Plattfrom-Layer) = OK
  4. Added 1 "old" application layer to the template and published to PVS (Now its OS-Layer, Plattfrom-Layer and 1 "old" application-Layer) = OK
  5. Added 2 more "old" application layers to the template and published to PVS (Now its OS-Layer, Plattfrom-Layer and 3 "old" application-Layers) = Bluescreen
  6. Removed 1 application layer to the template and published to PVS (Now its OS-Layer, Plattfrom-Layer and 2 "old" application-Layers) = Bluescreen
  7. So I finally found a layer that was causing this but this layer is in the production image and is working, how can i troubleshoot this? Or is it just to delete this layer and build a new?

What could have happened to my layer? As i said, how can i troubleshoot this? Or is it just to delete this layer and build a new?

1 answer to this question