Updated Privacy Statement

License server - Product edition

Robby Lambrechts

Question

Hello,

Recently I've got new Citrix licenses, however in the current license file there is no line anymore stating "Citrix Virtual Apps - Advanced" or "Citrix Virtual Apps - Premium" license anymore only the line "Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops - Premium" and "Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop - Advanced". However the license server only uses licenses for "Citrix Virtual Apps", so the new license file is not working.

The product edition is currently set at "Citrix Virtual Apps - Advanced". How can I change this so the license server will consume a "Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop" license instead? If I change this to "Virtual Desktop - Advanced" instead, can I still use published applications?

Is this also possible to change this for an older Citrix Xenapp 6.0 server?

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

Hi,

For correct validation of the new licenses, the correct operation is to update the license server with a newer version.

You can change the edition into Citrix Studio to use the correct edition of licenses.

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops license include the Virtual Apps functionality and you can use the new license with Virtual Apps and Desktops farm or only the Virtual Apps farm.

Silvio

Hello Silvio,

Thank you for your answer. I changed the product edition to "Xendesktop Advanced" and everything is still working. Also the license server is now picking the correct license.

So that's working, but I've got a problem with the old Xenapp 6.0 server, I cannot change the product model, because this policy is not available, also via xenapp server role manager the option is not appearing to edit the licensing mode. Do you have any idea for that, I also created a new topic for this question, because this is no a Xenapp 7.x issue, more a licensing issue.