ADM - Gateway Insight Report - Operating Systems & Users

Hi,
I'm fairly new to ADM (using 13.0 58.30), and am looking to pull out a report on users and their operating systems accessing a particular ADC Gateway. I can go into individual users to see the OS detail,  but not something I'd want to do for each user. I can't see any OS detail on the Overview screens, other than the overall pie chart, which I can't drill in to.

Is there a way to get this information out as part of a report?

Thanks

11 hours ago, Sam Jacobs said:

You could create a custom report in Director to get that information.

The Connected Via and Connected Via IP will give you the ADC VIP the user connected to.

1955009101_Director-CustomReport.jpg.996de8cad34b85101a1a1e884e5a2a5d.jpg

Thanks, Sam. I didn't think to look there. :) 

Unfortunately that only gives me the SNIPs on the ADC rather than any of the ADC Gateway VIPs.
Although thinking about it, I could probably do an export from Director with the OS and user details, do a Gateway overview export from and ADM  and then use Excel to do a vlookup to get the data I need.
It's a slightly annoying faff considering the data  is there in ADM, but not in the place i need it. Ah well, not the end of the world. 

Strange ... I get the gateway VIPs.

You could also send the syslog records to a syslog server (I use Solarwinds Kiwi), and you could get it from the SSLVPN LOGIN record (sample below).

But you would have to parse the OS from the User-Agent string - a bit of a pain.

Nov 28 12:17:01 10.x.x.x 11/28/2019:17:17:01 GMT ns 0-PPE-0 : default SSLVPN LOGIN 217333 0 : Context sjacobs@100.x.x.x - SessionId: 75- User sjacobs - Client_ip 100.x.x.x - Nat_ip "Mapped Ip" - >Vserver 10.x.x.x:443 - Browser_type "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36 Edge/17.171" - SSLVPN_client_type ICA - Group(s) "N/A

6 hours ago, Sam Jacobs said:

Strange ... I get the gateway VIPs.

You could also send the syslog records to a syslog server (I use Solarwinds Kiwi), and you could get it from the SSLVPN LOGIN record (sample below).

But you would have to parse the OS from the User-Agent string - a bit of a pain.

Nov 28 12:17:01 10.x.x.x 11/28/2019:17:17:01 GMT ns 0-PPE-0 : default SSLVPN LOGIN 217333 0 : Context sjacobs@100.x.x.x - SessionId: 75- User sjacobs - Client_ip 100.x.x.x - Nat_ip "Mapped Ip" - >Vserver 10.x.x.x:443 - Browser_type "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36 Edge/17.171" - SSLVPN_client_type ICA - Group(s) "N/A

Wonder if that's an issue with out setup that we're seeing the SNIP in Director.  It's always the same, one question leads to other questions! :)

We've not currently got a syslog server set up, but something we'll probably look into. Thanks for the advice Sam.