Updated Privacy Statement

vm wont boot after shutdown Error code: SR_BACKEND_FAILURE_1200

Alexander Kuzmin

Question

12 answers to this question

Hi Tobias, and thanx for your replies.

It is not pool but standalone host. There were directory /var/run/sr-mount/ full of 1.9 gb somehow when i try to reboot this vm. And its stuck. There is no fresh backup and i am worry to reboot hypervisor by now.

Now i will try a toolstack restart...

After xe-toolstack-restart there is error on starting vm:

The server failed to handle your request, due to an internal error.  The given message may give details useful for debugging the problem.
message: xenopsd internal error: Storage_interface.Illegal_transition(_)

Good day to you, Alan!

I saw this article but not try this so far.

While i am trying to snapshot clone vm or vdi there is no chance, i am looking how to clone lv (as it mentioned here) and i am create a new lv with exact same size as a troubled one

lvcreate -L 100.2G -n clon_bad VG_XenStorage-fff --config global{metadata_read_only=0}

and then when i am try to dd one lv to another there is an error  dd: failed to open ‘/dev/VG_XenStorage-fff/VHD-aaa’: No such file or directory. And its true - in the folder /dev/VG_XenStorage-fff/ there is no my VHD

Do you have any ideas?

I'm inclined to lean towards Alan's suggestion that the control domain has taken over the VM's storage.

If the VDI is attached to the control domain through a Virtual Block Device, then that connection has to be destroyed.

Try the following:

#xe vbd-list vm-uuid=(UUID-of-Control-Domain)

Use the UUID of the VBD below::
#xe vbd-unplug uuid=(UUID-of-VBD)
#xe vbd-destroy uuid=(UUID-of-VBD)

On 6/13/2020 at 9:23 PM, Tobias Kreidl said:

Did you try a toolstack restart? Can't hurt, at least. If not, maybe a reboot. Is this a pool and if is the same error seen on all hosts?

... after reboot of hypervisor everything is seems to be ok with this VM. It was started fine. And make power cycle. Thank you for your attention.