Updated Privacy Statement

VM's do not boot

Luis Sobotyk

Question

Hi, that is my issue: 

Throughout the week there were power outages caused by a renovation. After some days the XenServer. After a few days, XenServer started to present packet losses which caused instability in several services. I went to check and noticed that my backup server was creating the snapshots for backup but not deleting them.  XenCenter had the following alert: "File System on Control Domain Full. Disk usage for the control domain on server 'xxx' has reached 100.0%. XenServer's performance will be critically affected if this disk becomes full. Log files or other non-essential (user created) files should be removed". After seeing this alert I decided to delete 2 of the 3 snapshots that the backup server had created to free up space. To my surprise after restarting the XenServer and trying to start the VMs, some VMs were on the screen below, some VMs I can't even open the console but have status of on (not working) and some that didn't used to work normally.

I dont know what i can do. I tried to restore a snapshot and the error continues.

My XenServer Version: 6.5.0

Screenshot_1.png

2 answers to this question

Your filesystem is full. 

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX202821

This article will provide basic guidance. Later on upgrading and going to the new filesystem layout 

gives you much more flexibility in this area.  There is not a lot of leeway in the original layout (6.x).

I don't think this article mentions it but crash dump should be in /var/crash. Remove those if you 

have any to free up some space.

--Alan--