Updated Privacy Statement

XS71 CU2 pool update hung

Philip John Gregg

Question

XS 7.1 CU2 installing 3 recent updates to a pool of two servers (rumi & hafez).

I auto-applied the three hotfixes to the pool. Rumi the master volunteered to go first. Patches were applied to rumi but when trying to migrate VMs back to hafez there was a storage error. The Xen Center options were "Retry" or "Finish". Retry went round the loop to same point so eventually Finish was chosen. I shutdown the offending VM and tried to apply the updates again. This time the slave node (hafez) was being updated.

After precchecks are done the following error occurs:

The following error occurred while automated updates were in progress: hafez: Internal error: /etc/xapi.d/extensions/pool_update.precheck

The automated updates process was not completed successfully. The update process has paused. Press Retry to resume it.

Retry has no effect. I tried applying updates one at a time but same error. Presumably rumi/hafez pool is in some wierd state and needs a slight adjustment or a bypass of the precheck script?

Many Thanks for reading.

Phil

6 answers to this question

Thanks.

I tried applying the first of the patches to the slave manually using "xe patch-pool-apply uuid=00e49b0d..." which gave me more to work on:

XenAPI.Failure: ['SR_HAS_NO_PBDS', 'OpaqueRef:32cba639-dae6-a952-...] which sort of point me back to the original storage error issue.

Maybe I should reboot the slave and try again.

Anyone know how to work out the UUID from the OpaqueRef?

Cheers