ADC VPX on Azure

Hi

I have an existing on premise Citrix Adc vpx. My question is, can i migrate the on oremise ADC with my license to azure? Or do i need to build a new ADC  on azure and get the license from my on prem adc?

2nd question, my exisiting vpx used web app firewall. Can i still used the web app firewall in azure when i migrated/created my adc on azure?

Hello, Hope you are well !!

I don't think there is any option to push/migrate on-prem appliances to AZURE. Cloud based VPX appliances are specially designed to fit as per network standards & architecture of cloud infrastructure. So you should consider building a new one there as per your requirement. For licensing, You have an option to use your existing licenses under BYOL category so just need to pay for run cost depending on sizing of you instances. 

Important to know that not all features are available at this time so you should consult documentation. 

Reference Design NetScaler and Microsoft Azure

If you have any questions, plz write back. 

Thanks

Vipin

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vipin sharma1709153607 said:

Hello, Hope you are well !!

I don't think there is any option to push/migrate on-prem appliances to AZURE. Cloud based VPX appliances are specially designed to fit as per network standards & architecture of cloud infrastructure. So you should consider building a new one there as per your requirement. For licensing, You have an option to use your existing licenses under BYOL category so just need to pay for run cost depending on sizing of you instances. 

Important to know that not all features are available at this time so you should consult documentation. 

Reference Design NetScaler and Microsoft Azure

If you have any questions, plz write back. 

Thanks

Vipin

Hi Vipin,

I'm planning to implement a load balancing and WAF using Citrix ADC on Azure. Based on the link you sent, Load balancing is available. Is WAF also available?

9 hours ago, Royce Mendoza1709160095 said:

Hi Vipin,

I'm planning to implement a load balancing and WAF using Citrix ADC on Azure. Based on the link you sent, Load balancing is available. Is WAF also available?

Yup, As per product features it is available :91_thumbsup:

https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/citrix.netscalervpx121ha?tab=Overview

ADC.PNG