Updated Privacy Statement

"Please wait while windows configures Online Plug-in" very often

Luca Vercelli

Question

Hello,

I use every day Citrix Receiver in order to connect to one of my customers.

My customer has a web interface to connect to.

A lot of times (say, once a month) I have the following problem.

I can enter the web interface, however, when I try to run a virtualized app, I get the error "Please wait while windows configures Online Plug-in", and then such configuration fails (*).

Citrix does not work anymore.

Every time, I have to uninstall and then reinstall the Citrix Workspace. That way, Citrix works again.

Is there any more clever way to resolve the problem?
Thank you.

(*) fails = Windows opens a dialog claiming that "The feature that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable", and it asks me where it can find the installation package ICAWebWrapper.msi.

Edit

Nobody can answer this? Where could I find the ICAWebWrapper.msi? Thank you.

3 answers to this question

I've been experiencing this exact same issue for months.  Every day or two, when I try to launch a Citrix Desktop, it will try to launch the Online Plug-in instead.   A box titled "Online Plug-in" states "Please wait while Windows configures Online Plug-In" for about 5-10 seconds.  Then it goes to a message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.  Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'ICAWebWrapper.msi' in the box below."  Use source:  C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\Ctx-D4F17FE9-FFAB-402F-A298-55C8B75C43D6\Extract\   [Browse...]

I click Cancel and it says "An installation package for the product Online Plug-in cannot be found.  Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'ICAWebWrapper.msi'."  I click OK and I get one more message about a Fatal error during installation.

Then I will uninstall Workspace App and install the latest Workspace App again, and it fixes it for another day or two.  I can launch the Desktop Viewer normally.  Then the issue repeats and it tries to use the Online Plug-in again.  It's super-frustrating to spend 5 minute uninstalling and reinstalling Workspace App every day or two.