HDX RealTime Media Engine 2.9 for Mac - Settings window does not open

Prasad U

Question

12 answers to this question

I'm honestly baffled at the responses from Citrix so far:

1. Why did this slip through testing? It should have been glaringly obvious in any UI tests if they were organised and executed properly.
  2. The Dev team cannot reproduce this with the equipment at hand? Are you serious? Any Mac with Catalina 10.15.4 shows this behaviour...
  3. It not only tanks Citrix' preference pane, but also kills other 3rd party preference panes as well if the Citrix pane is opened first. One has to close System Preferences and open it again for remediation of this problem.

So here we have a software that hasn't been properly tested (or tested at all, for lack of equipment) and that not only negatively impacts Citrix' own applications, but also other applications as well.

I understand that things are more difficult than usual with the current pandemic, but it should not be too complicated for a company with resources like Citrix to order an ordinary Apple Mac and set it up for testing. And continue to do so in the future, instead of putting out untested or partially tested, buggy software that impacts other applications on customer computer.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Prasad U said:

After the recent installation of HDX RealTime Media Engine 2.9 for Mac - Mar 6, 2020

The macOS Settings App fails to launch the panel for  Citrix HDX... Engine.

Citrix HDX Error 2020-03-12.png

That's interesting. Can you make sure you uninstall the app and reinstall with the same user? Meantime I will run this past our release team. 

Daniel 

1 hour ago, Jörg Maaß said:

I'm honestly baffled at the responses from Citrix so far:

1. Why did this slip through testing? It should have been glaringly obvious in any UI tests if they were organised and executed properly.
  2. The Dev team cannot reproduce this with the equipment at hand? Are you serious? Any Mac with Catalina 10.15.4 shows this behaviour...
  3. It not only tanks Citrix' preference pane, but also kills other 3rd party preference panes as well if the Citrix pane is opened first. One has to close System Preferences and open it again for remediation of this problem.

So here we have a software that hasn't been properly tested (or tested at all, for lack of equipment) and that not only negatively impacts Citrix' own applications, but also other applications as well.

I understand that things are more difficult than usual with the current pandemic, but it should not be too complicated for a company with resources like Citrix to order an ordinary Apple Mac and set it up for testing. And continue to do so in the future, instead of putting out untested or partially tested, buggy software that impacts other applications on customer computer.

Thanks for your feedback and understanding! 

Daniel