Updated Privacy Statement

Trying to build a 3rd server to add it to the cluster

John Francis1709160537

Question

We had a 3rd server which was in the cluster with a previous version of Xenmobile. But, that one had some issues and we removed it out of the cluster and shut it down. Now, we are trying to add it back to the cluster. I imported the OVA file and started the XenMobile server configuration. I have come upto the point where it is pointing to the DB and then trying to add the account that is being used to connect to the database. I stopped here as I am not sure after I add complete this will it affect the existing production xenmobile servers?  If so, what should I do next or else should I be going to the configuration again and then add this to the cluster? How does it work? The version is 10.10.0.7

3 answers to this question

Hi there,

It is possible to clone a working node and then use the clone as an extra cluster member. You would need to take the source server offline for a few minutes so that you can start up the clone. Once the clone has network connectivity to the database, it should start up ok. After it has started, you can configure a unique LAN IP address on it and finally get the source server back online again.

Alternatively, download the installer for a new node to be manually built. Note that the chosen server version should be a match for the currently installed server versions. Otherwise, there is a risk that the new node will not read the database content properly. This might mean that you should upgrade the existing nodes first before later expanding the cluster. Make sure any backups taken include the database as well as the server nodes.

Best regards,
David

4 hours ago, David Egan1709157332 said:

Hi there,

It is possible to clone a working node and then use the clone as an extra cluster member. You would need to take the source server offline for a few minutes so that you can start up the clone. Once the clone has network connectivity to the database, it should start up ok. After it has started, you can configure a unique LAN IP address on it and finally get the source server back online again.

Alternatively, download the installer for a new node to be manually built. Note that the chosen server version should be a match for the currently installed server versions. Otherwise, there is a risk that the new node will not read the database content properly. This might mean that you should upgrade the existing nodes first before later expanding the cluster. Make sure any backups taken include the database as well as the server nodes.

Best regards,
David

Thanks David. I was able to download the same version of the OVA file and I was trying to create another VM. But, as I am setting up the VM to add it to the cluster, it is asking for PKI cert and password. As, this was setup by another third party company there is not much of info available on this. So, I am not sure what to enter in PKI or the password. I just skipped saying No to this and it went on to Root CA Password. I do not have any info on this. I am trying to get hold of Citrix to see that they could help me get past this message and add this server to the cluster.

image.thumb.png.e48de8677cf1642c27a1caa04c07f3ca.png

4 hours ago, David Egan1709157332 said:

Hi there,

Best regards,
David

Thought of cloning it, but the production 2 servers are on in a DMZ zone in a totally different vsphere environment which is an old 6.0 i think and there I do not see the option to clone at all. Only I could take a snapshot.