Azure AD IDP

Jim McKelvie1709159887

Question

My company is wanting to change from using F5 and Symantec VIP tokens to provide access externally to our Virtual Applications.

We are wanting to utilise Portal.Office.com using Azure AD as the idp to present the Citrix application.

We host all the Citrix control servers and vdas on-premise.

What are my options for implementing this?

1) front the internal StoreFront servers with NetScaler, configure NetScaler to integrate with the Azure AD idp

2) utilise Citrix cloud... place StoreFront there, configure to integrate with Azure AD idp and add some on-premise connectors

Any guidance\best practice would be gratefully received, thankyou.

2 answers to this question

There are some options:

1) netscaler with AAD as IdP with Storefront

2) netscaler with AAD as IdP with Workspace (using gateway idp in citrix cloud)

3) AAD as IdP with Workspace (using AAD idp in citrix cloud, very easy connection, takes 2 min)

Let me know how I can help,

Oscar

• Like 1
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 9:25 PM, Oscar Day said:

There are some options:

1) netscaler with AAD as IdP with Storefront

2) netscaler with AAD as IdP with Workspace (using gateway idp in citrix cloud)

3) AAD as IdP with Workspace (using AAD idp in citrix cloud, very easy connection, takes 2 min)

Let me know how I can help,

Oscar

Thankyou Oscar,

My management team want to look at a different approach to avoid additional costs as we do not have a cloud presence or NetScaler.

The approach we are looking at is to utilise F5 with the application link presented in Portal.Office to gain access to Citrix Applications externally.

The user will click the Published Application icon in Portal.Office, identity from Azure AD will be passed to F5, F5 then passes to StoreFront and grants access to the Published Application.