Updated Privacy Statement

citrix xenapp license acquisition error -5 unable to acquire a license from server

Barznj Abdullah

Question

Dears,

I have Xenapp, when I want to launch my application locally on the server, it is working fine. but when I am trying to launch it remotely, I am getting below error:

((

Citrix XenApp License acquisition error (-5): Unable to qcquire a license from the server

))

Any clue how to solve this?

thanks and best regards

Barznj

5 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Jens Dellner said:

Hi Barznj,

did you update to the new License Server 11.16.3.0 Build 28000? I tried this two weeks ago and it was not possible to start published applications of our XA 6.5 Farm. Citrix support reallocated and imported a new License File, reinstalled the License Server, Rebooted the License Server and XenApp Servers, but it even was not possible to get a License.

"Citrix XenApp license acquisition error (-5): Unable to acquire a license from (SERVER_NAME) Server"

Citrix Support will check it internally but since we have no Extended Support, they cannot help us. We reinstalled the old License Server 11.15.0.0 Build 27000 and can now start published applications again.

But Keep in mind... you cannot point a XenApp 6.5 Farm and a Virtual Apps & Desktops 1909 Site to the same License Server. XA 6.5 needs 11.15.0.0 Build 27000 and 1909 Needs 11.16.3.0 Build 28000... Great.

Best regards,

Jens

Dear Jens,

thanks alot for your kind feedback.

yes I have upgraded to (Citrix_Licensing_11.16.3.0_BUILD_28000).

from where I can get License Server 11.15.0.0 Build 27000? can you share the link?

thanks and best regards

Barznj 

• Like 1

Hi Barznj,

did you update to the new License Server 11.16.3.0 Build 28000? I tried this two weeks ago and it was not possible to start published applications of our XA 6.5 Farm. Citrix support reallocated and imported a new License File, reinstalled the License Server, Rebooted the License Server and XenApp Servers, but it even was not possible to get a License.

"Citrix XenApp license acquisition error (-5): Unable to acquire a license from (SERVER_NAME) Server"

Citrix Support will check it internally but since we have no Extended Support, they cannot help us. We reinstalled the old License Server 11.15.0.0 Build 27000 and can now start published applications again.

But Keep in mind... you cannot point a XenApp 6.5 Farm and a Virtual Apps & Desktops 1909 Site to the same License Server. XA 6.5 needs 11.15.0.0 Build 27000 and 1909 Needs 11.16.3.0 Build 28000... Great.

Best regards,

Jens

Hi Barznj,

the License Server download is a Little bit hidden.

Go to:

1. www.citrix.com

2. Choose Downloads

3. Select a product -> Additional Products & Services -> View Additional Downloads

4. Choose Citrix Licensing -> Download

5. Download

Your direct link: https://www.citrix.de/downloads/licensing/license-server/license-server-version-1115-for-windows.html

Attention: This License Server has several Vulnerabilities, which are fixed in the new License Server (which you and me cannot use): https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX261963

Best regards,

Jens

1 hour ago, Jens Dellner said:

Hi Barznj,

the License Server download is a Little bit hidden.

Go to:

1. www.citrix.com

2. Choose Downloads

3. Select a product -> Additional Products & Services -> View Additional Downloads

4. Choose Citrix Licensing -> Download

5. Download

Your direct link: https://www.citrix.de/downloads/licensing/license-server/license-server-version-1115-for-windows.html

Attention: This License Server has several Vulnerabilities, which are fixed in the new License Server (which you and me cannot use): https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX261963

Best regards,

Jens

Thanks alot Jens, it solved my problem, appreciate it