Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Printing delay/slowness after migrating to 7.15

IMG Support

Question

We just migrated to XenApp 7.15 on Server 20016 from XenApp 6.5 on Server 2008 R2.  On our old environment we used UPS 1.1 on Server 2008 R2 with an adjusted maxthreads value.  We are using UPS 7.15 on Server 2016 in our new environment.  We use session printers assigned based on client name.  In our new environment we are seeing a delay/pause when printing from our main application that did not exist in our old environment.  Watching the print queue on the print server, after clicking print the application pauses/waits until I see the job appear in the print queue which is typically 4-7 seconds.  In our old environment the user could click print, resume working in the application, and then the job would print out.  I tried connecting to on of the  printers on the old print server and it exhibits the same behavior.  Is there some obvious "wait for job to print" setting im missing?  On the printer on the print server I tried both settings "start printing after last page is spooled" vs "start printing immediately" but it made no change.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet