Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Error while wrapping Xamarin Android application using MDX Service 19.8.0

Jahmai Lay

Question

I am attempting to wrap an application using MDX service. The application targets android 28, and uses android support libraries v28 internally.

The log is attached, but the problematic part seems to be:

W: Resource collision after merging assets/mdx/frameworks/1/support/appcompat-v7-25.3.1.jar
W: Failed to merge resources from assets/mdx/frameworks/1/support/appcompat-v7-25.3.1.jar

I suppose this is caused by the MDX trying to inject an older appcompat library where there is already a newer one and it's causing a resource collision.

How do I solve this?

mdxtrace (1).log

6 answers to this question

Hello Jahmai,

I guess you are using MDX service on cloud to wrap the APK. Did you give it a try using On-prem toolkit ? 

Also, Cloud toolkit targets only version 26 , so when you are using v28 libraries it fails.

You can do the below:

1) Wrap using On-prem MDX toolkit

2) Follow  the article : https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX202382 to change the build tools version to 28  as below and wrap it 

PATH = /Users/<username>/Library/Android/sdk/build-tools/24.1.3 ß This need to be changed to 28.0.0:/Users/<username>/Library/Android/sdk/build-tools:/Users/<username>/Library/Android/sdk/tools:/Applications/platform-tools  

Hope that helps!

Please mark as answered if that fixes the issue.

Regards,

Kausar

• Like 1