Windows 2016 lock screen

pacerra529

Question

I am experiencing an odd issue with Windows 2016 and XenDesktop 7.15 cu4 and wanted to see if anyone else encountered this.

We have a domain GPO that sets the following screen saver policies.

Enable Screen saver - Set to enable 

Prevent changing screen saver - Set to enable 

Password protect screen saver- Set to enable

Screen saver timeout - Any Value Except 0

Force specific screen saver - scrnsave.scr

The policy works, however when the 15 minute timeout takes place the screen appears to be frozen(meaning it displays the users last screen before it went idle). When the user touch the mouse or keyboard the screen immediately changes to the lock screen and the user can log back on. It's a little concerning since anyone can view a screenshot of the users last screen they had opened before they walked away.  At this point I don't know if it's a Citrix issue or Windows 2016. 

3 answers to this question

On 8/20/2019 at 8:28 PM, pacerra529 said:

Thanks for you suggestion. I was able to resolve this. The issue was with the display sleep mode. Once I set the display to "Never" go to sleep within the virtual machine the lock screen kicked per 15 minute lock out policy.

Hi,
I've got exactly the same problem with our Windows 10 (1909) VDIs. When the screensaver should start the only thing that happens is that the screens freezes. Not very good from a security aspect ;)

Which setting did you change? Something via GPOs? Because I can just find the setting WHEN the display shall turn off - but I can only define a time in seconds, but I'm not able to set it to "Never".

Regards,

Thomas