Updated Privacy Statement

Black Boxes or Squares Flashing and Appearing in User Sessions.

Ryan Brooke

Question

Hello everyone,

I have users who have black boxes appear on their applications. They flash for a few seconds and come and go. Sometimes they last for up to 30 seconds, then never come back the rest of the day. Sometimes they last all day. I have a snip of evidence from a User who was using PowerPoint and the black box flashed on and off on top of the scroll bar within PowerPoint. We looked at resources and it appears that the virtual machine wasn't running out of RAM or CPU. The session is smooth as can be, and the mouse cursor appears over the black box. Any ideas on what may be the cause of this?

We are using Workspace 18.10

Cheers

2 answers to this question

On 8/16/2019 at 9:40 PM, Ryan Brooke said:

ave users who have black boxes appear on their applications. They flash for a few seconds and come and go. Sometimes they last for up to 30 seconds, then never come back the rest of the day. Sometimes they last all day. I have a snip of evidence from a User who was using PowerPoint and the black box flashed on and off on top of the scroll bar within PowerPoint. We looked at resources and it appears that the virtual machine wasn't running out of RAM or CPU. The session is smooth as can be, and the mouse cursor appears over the black box. Any ideas on what may be the cause of this?

We are using Workspace 18.10

Cheers

Hi 

Can you please send us a quick video of the issue ? This would help us understanding the issue better.

10 hours ago, Shruthi Udayakumar said:

Hi 

Can you please send us a quick video of the issue ? This would help us understanding the issue better.

I can upload a few photos. So the mouse cursor is on the scroll bar, but then when moved, the black boxes will appear and disappear over the scroll bar. 

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot2.jpg