Upgrading from 7.6 to 7.15 LTSR with multiple controllers and storefront servers

COLIN SMALL1709159639

Question

7.6 Environment:

SERVER1:

Storefront

Controller

License Server

SERVER2:

Storefront

Controller

MCS with VMware.

Netscaler VPX in front of it all.

I am going through the upgrade documentation and I am trying to understand the correct approach with multiple storefront and controller servers.

The documentation doesn't seem to mention needing to remove storefront servers from server groups or removing controllers or anything like that but I spoke with support and was told in order to upgrade there is a process of removing one of the servers first and upgrading the other one, resetting the state of the removed server and then upgrading it and readding it back in after everything else is upgraded. I'm a little confused here because the doc doesn't really say that. Support is going to send me a link going over what he was telling me on the phone but I am a little confused here and I want to understand the correct way to do this upgrade before I proceed.

What is the proper way/process/order to upgrade the environment above?

2 answers to this question

El 2/8/2019 a las 17:43, COLIN SMALL1709159639 dijo:

7.6 Medio ambiente:

SERVIDOR 1:

Escaparate

Controlador

Servidor de licencias

SERVIDOR2:

Escaparate

Controlador

MCS con VMware.

Netscaler VPX frente a todo.

Estoy revisando la documentación de actualización y estoy tratando de entender el enfoque correcto con múltiples servidores de escaparate y modificaciones.

La documentación no parece especificada la necesidad de eliminar servidores de escaparate de grupos de servidores o eliminar modificaciones o algo así, pero hablé con el soporte y me especificó que para actualizar hay un proceso de eliminar primero uno de los servidores y actualizar el otro uno, restablecer el estado del servidor eliminado y luego actualizarlo y volver a leerlo después de que se haya actualizado todo lo demás. Estoy un poco confundido aquí porque el doctor realmente no dice eso. El servicio de asistencia me envía un enlace sobre lo que estaba diciendo por teléfono, pero estoy un poco confundido aquí y quiero comprender la forma correcta de hacer esta actualización antes de continuar.

¿Cuál es la forma / proceso / pedido adecuado para actualizar el entorno anterior?

¿Ha realizado la actualización? Que documento te envió soporte de Citrix. Yo me encuentro planificando una actualización de 7.6 a 7.15 cu4