Citrix Workspace App 1811 and higher content redirection client-to-server not working file not found

Björn Schläfli

Question

content redirection (fta) for office is not working correctly on windows 10 and windows 7.

Example: docx file started in local windows explorer opens Word on Citrix but it cannot open the file and shows a new empty document (document 1.docx).

Excel comes up with error 'file not found'. Powerpoint with a really long error message which tells me to check antivirus program.

This issue exists:

- with Citrix Workspace App 1811 and higher

- not with Citrix Workspace 1810 and lower and Citrix Receiver 4.x

- on a new set up windows 10 with no ms patches

- with a user who has no gpo's applied

- no matter which user is logged on

- with regkey nativedrivemapping (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Citrix\ICA Client\Engine\Configuration\Advanced\Modules\ClientDrive) set to True on windows 10 pc.

- with XenApp 7.15 CU1 2008R2 site and XenApp 7.15 CU1 2016 site

A few files work and others don't. Always the same files work and the same don't. 

If I copy a file which doesn't work the copy works.

If I create a new docx it's not working.

no matter if doc, docx, dotx, xls, xlsx...

if you log in to a client and open a file which normally doesn't open correctly it opens correctly. If you close the file and reopen it within the same session it's not working anymore, also in a new Citrix session. You need to log out and log in again at the client.

It works with Citrix Receiver 4.11 up to Workspace App 1810.

Same issue with Citrix Virtual Apps 1903 and Citrix Workspace App 1811 and higher.

It's definitely related to a change in Workspace App 1811.

2 answers to this question