Office 365 Pro Plus shared activation password screen not able to select

Ron Jameson

Question

I am starting a set of Windows 2019 servers, XenApp 1903, Office 365 Pro Plus w/shared activation - thinking MS & Citrix had gotten this figured out by now...but alas, running into an issue in seamless mode where you sign in to O365 when it asks, but the next pwd popup screen is a ghost window I cannot pick.    This works fine in full desktop, just not seamless.    I am pretty sure MS still allows us to purchase a single Vol license of 2019 when we are fully licensed for O365 for each user and that has been the plan to get away from this problem - but I really wanted this to work as also heard MS moved the token to 30 days now which makes this doable.   Besides, 2019 being the last Vol license version to be released, we will eventually have no choice.

Has anyone been successful in getting this setup to work properly?

• Answers 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So I just had this response from Citrix which resolved our problem, just assessing any side effects now.

1) Create a user logon script entry in GPO for "runonce.exe" with parameters "/AlternativeShellStartup".

2) Create a user registry entry via GPO as follows:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity

DisableADALatopWAMOverride = 1 (DWORD)

Hopefully this helps you guys whilst I figure out if this has any negative other impact.

1 hour ago, Raymond Smith said:

So I just had this response from Citrix which resolved our problem, just assessing any side effects now.

1) Create a user logon script entry in GPO for "runeonce.exe" with parameters "/AlternativeShellStartup".

Hopefully this helps you guys whilst I figure out if this has any negative other impact.

We have already tried that. But it does not fix the issue… Wie will check that again.

On 10/18/2019 at 4:46 PM, Raymond Smith said:

1) Create a user logon script entry in GPO for "runeonce.exe" with parameters "/AlternativeShellStartup".

In addition to the above had to set  Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Group Policy > Configure Logon Script Delay to "Disabled" to solve the problem.

PS it's "runonce.exe" not "runeonce.exe"

Hi, on my side, after a call with Microsoft Support, I've created a GPP as follow

I've deleted the profiles and test it and it works. I've reboot servers (MCS in AWS) and all seem to be working so far. I've test with 5 different users. Profile solution : FSLogix (office 365 container)  and UPM.

Hope that can help !

@Steves Begin1709160739 we also use FSlogix. I will perform some further testing.

Which version of Windows 2019 (buildnumber), which version of XenApp  do you have ?

So if i read your post correctly , the only thing you have modified in your setup to get things to work is added the GPP with the specified registry key ?

Fslogix profiles are deleted automatically, but will also test after a reboot...

Did some further testing on my environment.

1) Create a user registry entry via GPO as follows:

I also checked and the registry is actually created

2) Create a user logon script entry in GPO for "runonce.exe" with parameters "/AlternativeShellStartup" .

3) Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Group Policy > Configure Logon Script Delay to "Disabled"

Problem is... I still do not get the password screen in seamless mode. The user is asked for its username (emailaddress) , but never asked for its password.

It works in full desktop mode though.. but in our company we only use seamless mode.

Windows version in win 2019 version 1809 build 17763.737

Office 365 version is version 1910 build 12130.20272 (click and run)

Xenapp version 7.1909.1

Anyone has some other ideas ?

sorry it was a typo in the post, but not in the GPO loginscript .. there I used /AlternateShellStartup. You can actually see it when the user logs in to a server, you can briefly see  a small window with setting personal settings for windows desktop update (and this window is not visible without the GPO loginscript runonce.exe /AlternateShellStartup)

But... it still does not work..

Does this actually work with published apps ? In my environment it only works with full desktop (and then there is no need for this fix)

Can you please specify

Windows 2019 version and buildnr

Xenapp version and workspace bersion

Office 365 buildnr

36 minutes ago, Stevie said:

Does this actually work with published apps ? In my environment it only works with full desktop (and then there is no need for this fix)

Can you please specify

Windows 2019 version and buildnr

Xenapp version and workspace bersion

Office 365 buildnr

Yes, this worked for me with Published apps in seamless mode using the following versions:

Windows Server 2019 Standard Version 1809, OS Build 17763.832

Xenapp Version 7.15.4000.0

Workspace Version 18.12.0.12

Office Professional Plus 2019 Version 1808 (Build 10351.20054 Click-to-Run)

Try adding both of the following and see if it makes it where you can successfully license Office 365 ProPlus C2R:

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity" /v DisableADALatopWAMOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity" /v DisableAADWAM /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

It appears to me that Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin.exe does not spawn correctly in a Server 2019 XenApp environment. The only option I have found that works is bypassing WAM completely.

I also tried with HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity:"EnableADAL"=dword:00000000

Then I get another version of password screen to enter a password , but it does not accept te password. -> There is a problem with your account

o365-noadal_thumb_png_98e3cd647c891da35549d3f8be231bd3.png

Naamloos.png

Naamloos2.png