Updated Privacy Statement

long time after su command

Hung Pham

Question

6 answers to this question

Yes, the disk space is still plenty. And the network should not be a problem. The problem is only happening after su command, that means I already logged in the server and the first ssh login was fast. But "su -", entering password, then I need to wait around 1:10 minute for completing root logging.

5 hours ago, Tobias Kreidl said:

For me, once logged in (such as via putty), an "su -" returns an additional prompt immediately. If you ssh in , whu would you even need/want to issue an su command?

-=Tobias

I usually want to have an extra user, before root login. And this problem is happening with one server only. Other servers work normally as you wrote, an additional prompt appears immediately. That's why I wonder what the reason is.

That slowdown probably depends on how that extra user was added and if XS is confused if in a pool if some synchronization or checking the validity of the acount on another server is needed.

Better is to use AD authentication for additional users and assign privileges accordingly (from super user on down, as needed) if you want extra accounts. There are also ways to boot and recover from a lost password with needed a full re-install.

-=Tobias

Archived