EDT from WAN low-bandwidth locations leads to freezes and high RTT

Björn Schläfli

Question

Hi all,

I've activated Adaptive Transport with the setting Preferred a few weeks ago for all my sites.

Users from low-bandwidth Locations connecting to my old 2008R2 XenApp 7.15 site (with edt) = everything works well

Users from low-bandwidth Locations connecting to my new 2016 XenApp 7.15 site (with edt) = shortly after connecting they experience freezes and very slow reacting (high RTT in director)

Is EDT using more bandwidth?

Does anyone know why EDT behaves different between 2008R2 and 2016 in same XA version?

For the moment I've disabled Adaptive Transport. But because it's the default in new Virtual Apps & Desktop I'm wondering if I'll have to keep this feature disabled or if I've misconfigured something.

Thank you.

1 answer to this question

What I can tell you right now is that this is not expected behavior. EDT should behave the same regardless of the VDA's OS.

Did you use the same VDA version on both scenarios? Have you by any chance tried with the latest CU and/or even a newer version such as 1903?

What about Receiver/Workspace app? Which platform and version?

How are your graphics settings configured for your 2008R2 VDAs? How about for your 2016 VDAs?

Also, what is the bandwidth available?

Archived