Unidesk 2.10 Task Stuck Canceling Status

Meg Muller

Question

17 answers to this question

Open a Support Case.  V2 End-of-Life isn't until July 1, so we still take V2 cases.  We'll give you the keys to V2 support - documentation for our "secret" Support Tool page where you can terminate the task, so you can continue to function after June 30 if you need to.  And a few other things - you'll need a FixMAData to rectify the layer version flags after the Force Cancel, so you can delete the new/broken version and try again.

On 26.3.2019 at 7:37 PM, Gunther Anderson said:

Open a Support Case.  V2 End-of-Life isn't until July 1, so we still take V2 cases.  We'll give you the keys to V2 support - documentation for our "secret" Support Tool page where you can terminate the task, so you can continue to function after June 30 if you need to.  And a few other things - you'll need a FixMAData to rectify the layer version flags after the Force Cancel, so you can delete the new/broken version and try again.

Hi Gunther,

we have a similar problem with a V2 Unidesk installation after one CachePoint was lost due to a broken storage LUN. All the tasks (mainly backup tasks) are stuck and Unidesk did not interact any more with vSphere (even with the other running CachePoints). Is there any chance to get access to this "secret" Support Tool to kill the tasks even after june 30?

Morning,

Looks like you were given the tools- you will need the Support Tool to kill off the stuck tasks and from what I understand that in the set of tools you were given.  This is the file you are looking for in the zip file with all the tools:  Unidesk Support Tool.docx

19 hours ago, Penny Adams said:

Morning,

Looks like you were given the tools- you will need the Support Tool to kill off the stuck tasks and from what I understand that in the set of tools you were given.  This is the file you are looking for in the zip file with all the tools:  Unidesk Support Tool.docx

Morning Penny,

thanks for the quick reply but I was not given the Support Tool by now! How can I get it? it is not included in the normal Unidesk downloads....  

Hi,

You were given the tools back in July of this year - here is another link with the tools zip file:

https://citrix.sharefile.com/d-s3be8a61ef9c4c8ab

There is documentation inside for each tool.  You are looking for the support tool to log in the back door to kill the tasks.  First try rebooting the Cachepoints to see if that will clear out the tasks gracefully.  If not, then force  cancel them

Same here. Any chance to get access to the support tool? I know it is EOL.  We are in the middle of our migration right now, but have a bunch of backup jobs stuck "Cancelling". If anyone has access to this tool it would be greatly appreciated. We are just trying to keep things working while we finish our migration. 

Thanks in advance. 

9 hours ago, Justin Williams1709158749 said:

Hi all.  We find ourselves in a similar situation.  We are partially into our new solution migration but recently started getting sync errors and/or database inconsistencies.  Does anyone happen to have a working linking to the tools?  I would like to take a last ditch effort by exploring them.  Thanks in advance.

I did manage to get them few months back. Send me your email and I can send you a link.