RemoteApp published application in seamless mode having "active window" issue

Damien Levet

Question

Hello,

I published a RemoteApp on CitrixCloud VirtualApps (no desktop, only the app). This RemoteApp is a Remote Applications Integrated Locally (RAIL) window type.

This RemoteApp opens multiple dialog boxes windows when users are performing actions. Dialog boxes opened this way are child windows.

The issue is the active window not being the right one and the focus is set to the first window of the application instead of the last one opened.

The steps to reproduce the issue is:

- Launch the application

- The user opens a modal dialog box. The first dialog box opens a second dialog box, and then the second dialog box opens a third dialog box.

- This third dialog box isn't active. It's the first one that is active.

- The user tries to activate this window (get the focus to enter text for example) by clicking on it but the active window is immediately going back to the parent one

At some point when clicking on the taskbar icons of the application, the user manage to get the focus.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

I set up seamless flags in this way:

SeamlessFlags: 3af796

All flags are checked except :

- DISABLE SESSION SHARING

- DISABLE FULL WINDOW DRAG

- DISABLE LANGUAGE BAR AGENT

- DISABLE SYSTRAY AGENT

I tried to uncheck focus related ones :

- DISABLE MODALITY CHECK

- FORCE RAW MOUSE EVENTS TO SERVER

But same issue.

I found this KB from Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/help/967885/the-focus-moves-through-windows-in-the-wrong-order-when-you-run-a-remo

The issue described in the article talks only when closing windows. We experience this issue when closing windows but we also experience the issue when opening windows.

I asked our vendor about the remoteapp, and they are on Windows Server 2012 R2 and they can't find any information about this issue on 2012 R2.

Thanks

Archived