Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Glenn Eriksen

Question

Hi,

Is it possible to specify parameters in the Scripts Configuration on the Connector if we use Paramters on our PoSh script file? This would be very nice to be able to do. Would also maybe be much better to move the script configuration to the Image Template. Meaning we use a lot of Images, but use maybe different scripts towards the same connector and agent, so it would be nice to have this done in the Image Template with Parameter support! Please advise.

3 answers to this question

Hi,

I mean if we have created a test.ps1 file, and can run this in PoSh like this:

.\test.ps1 -UseResource MCS3

Meaning I've created options in my PoSh script to use Parameter and a value here. Can this be passed from the Connectors Script Config page? I don't think so... 

No, there's no way to add parameters there.  The reason I was asking what you wanted to achieve is that there are other scripting options that can be set to run inside an image, rather than outside like this.  Since you have to have a single script configuration per connector, you can figure out what connector you're being called from by looking at the variables that we set (https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-app-layering/4/connect/machine-creation-for-vsphere.html#script-configuration-optional-advanced-feature).  Knowing what connector you're being called from, and behaving appropriately, is the same as being able to set an extra parameter in that connector.  You could even get creative and name your Connector "MyConnector Param=MCS3" and have your script parse the connector name.

Archived