Updated Privacy Statement

Move Citrix Group Policies back to Citrix App Center from Group Policies

Ryan Watts

Question

We have a Citrix Group Policy that we built with Group Policy. This Policy has 196 policies configured to map in printers and set their default. We built this years ago thinking that when we migrate from Citrix XenApp 6.5 to 7.x, we could use this policy for the XenApp Environment 7.x instead of using the Citrix Migration Scripts to migrate. Unfortunately this was a bad idea for the following reasons...

1. When you open up the Citrix Group Policy and Citrix Studio is installed, it does some update and then renders the policy unusable in Citrix 6.5.

2. Copying the Citrix Group Policy and then opening it up on a server with Citrix Studio installed, it updates the policy but the priorities are completely reversed. Now the Policy with a Priority of 1 is now 196, Policy with Priority 2 is now 195 and so on.

3. Most of the Policies have missing data in them. For example, the policy may show my active filters but is missing all the session printers or the settings where it is setting the default printer. 

I have called Citrix to work on the isssue but they said there was nothing they could do and closed the ticket. Having to rebuild this policy would take weeks so trying to find other alternatives. My next thought is exporting the policies from a Group Policy and importing it back to Citrix 6.5. Then using the Citrix Migration Scripts to migrate from Citrix 6.5 to Citrix 7.x but ran in to another stuck. While it seems that I can export the Policies, when I attempt to import, nothing shows up in AppCenter although it appears it is running through my policies. Below are my commands I have been using and would to see if someone can tell me if I am missing something or if it is in fact not possible. Any help would be appreciated

asnp citrix*
New-PSDrive -Name CitrixGPO -PSProvider CitrixGroupPolicy -Root \ -DomainGPO “XA - Citrix Printer Policies”
cd CitrixGPO:
dir
cd user
gci -recurse | export-clixml C:\CitrixPolicyExport.xml
New-PSDrive -Name CitrixGPO -PSProvider CitrixGroupPolicy -Root \ -FarmGpo XA-134
import-clixml c:\CitrixPolicyExport.xml
remove-psdrive -Name CitrixGPO

Thank you

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived