"Company has blocked video because of lack of resources. "

Matthew King

Question

XenApp 7.15 LTSR, I have an old test server running 2008 and multiple servers running 2012 R2. 

We have an EEG app that has an option to view a pop up window with video of the patient. 

Version 8.5.1 is published from the 2008 server and the video pop-up displays video as it should. 

Version 9.1 is published from a new 2012 R2 server and the video pop-up displays a black screen with the following error:

"Company has blocked video because of lack of resources. "

The same group policies are applied to both machines, and the same Citrix policy is applied site wide. GPResult confirms the same GPO settings are getting applied to both servers. 

When I logon locally the Video displays properly. 

If I log on with my domain admin account I get the same results. 

It doesn't use HTML 5 but I have HTML5 redirection prohibited and Windows Media redirection prohibited. 

CDF traces were taken and analyzed by Citrix support. 

Analysis Summary:

As per https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenapp-and-xendesktop/7-15-ltsr/policies/reference/ica-policy-settings/multimedia-policy-settings.html  when the content does not play, the error message "Company has blocked video because of lack of resources" displays in the player window.

HTML5 video redirection is enabled. But we don’t see any trace messages from HTML5 video redirection modules.

We have observed below suspect messages:

MultimediaVcConn::ChangeCsfState:  Disabling CSF, command (MultimediaRedirector.exe) with params (-u).",""

MediaStreaming::MediaChanged: VLM: SSR is not allowed by policy, cannot perform SSR for audio...",""

MediaStreaming::MediaChanged: VLM: SSR is not allowed by policy, cannot perform SSR for video...",""

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Matt

8 answers to this question

Hi Matt,

Good Day :)

Could you please enable windows media redirection & also windows media client-side content fetching for HTML5 videos redirection to work.

Please run the CDF trace while you try to play the video, we could try to isolate the issue. Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Vikas 

Hello everyone,

right now i have a problem with the media player on our VD's. It neither plays videos on the VD itself noar am i able to play video on any browser, be it from our intranet, noar youtube. 

The problem seems to be a few days old but only came up recently. And browsing the web for ideas was not too helpfull. We think it has something to do with our policies/guidelines from our Citrix Studio.

But everything that i found was to change the media player fallback. But it was and is on "play all content". We have also tried to raise the available display memory settings, video quality settings. 
Media player and soon is all up to date to.

Nothing seem to have helped. I have added some screenshots of the problem itself. The stop sign is on every video in every web browser and the text is when i wanna play any video no matter the size. 
The text reads "The company blocked video due to lack of resources", just translated it. 
If anyone has a idea what it could be i would be glad to hear from you. 

Browser video.png

Media player.png

2 hours ago, Thimo Berheide said:

Hello everyone,

right now i have a problem with the media player on our VD's. It neither plays videos on the VD itself noar am i able to play video on any browser, be it from our intranet, noar youtube. 

The problem seems to be a few days old but only came up recently. And browsing the web for ideas was not too helpfull. We think it has something to do with our policies/guidelines from our Citrix Studio.

But everything that i found was to change the media player fallback. But it was and is on "play all content". We have also tried to raise the available display memory settings, video quality settings. 
Media player and soon is all up to date to.

Nothing seem to have helped. I have added some screenshots of the problem itself. The stop sign is on every video in every web browser and the text is when i wanna play any video no matter the size. 
The text reads "The company blocked video due to lack of resources", just translated it. 
If anyone has a idea what it could be i would be glad to hear from you. 

Browser video.png

Media player.png

This is the "Windows Media Fallback Prevention" policy in action

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenapp-and-xendesktop/7-15-ltsr/policies/reference/ica-policy-settings/multimedia-policy-settings.html

Are you sure the resultant set of policy has Windows Media Fallback Prevention as disabled?

23 minutes ago, Fernando Klurfan1709153904 said:

This is the "Windows Media Fallback Prevention" policy in action

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenapp-and-xendesktop/7-15-ltsr/policies/reference/ica-policy-settings/multimedia-policy-settings.html

Are you sure the resultant set of policy has Windows Media Fallback Prevention as disabled?

Yes it is set to play all content, and i tried to set it to something else. But it changed nothing.

Fallback.png