Updated Privacy Statement

How to Disable Sticky Keys on XenApp 6.5 to meet Audit requirement

Pearson VUE ATS

Question

We have been hit with audits.  We are in the process of standing up a new farm to replace, but the audit is currently against our existing XenApp 6.5 farm running on Windows 2008 R2.

One item we need to disable is "Sticky Keys".  I have gone through the forums and tried to manually set the reg key, loaded via script, but not having any luck.  Seems all the posts are really old.  So, maybe they no longer are valid.  So, looking for a way to set this via Group Policy or Citrix Policy to disable sticky keys as we can't allow users this option.

Thanks in advance, this audit has found things that have been in the environment for years.

6 answers to this question

Found an old article that references the Citrix Receiver specific Admin Template for Group policy, https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX140219 to handle stickykeys.  Problem I am unable to bring the template into Group Policy on the server or even on my workstation.  I have tried the receiver.adml at C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\Configuration\en-US and receiver.admx at C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\Configuration.  However; Group Policy does not seem to recognize these as templates and I am unable to find a download of the admin templates.

Any input is appreciated.

On 15.2.2019 at 10:02 PM, Pearson VUE ATS said:

Found an old article that references the Citrix Receiver specific Admin Template for Group policy, https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX140219 to handle stickykeys.  Problem I am unable to bring the template into Group Policy on the server or even on my workstation.  I have tried the receiver.adml at C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\Configuration\en-US and receiver.admx at C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\Configuration.  However; Group Policy does not seem to recognize these as templates and I am unable to find a download of the admin templates.

Any input is appreciated.

Do you get any errors?
Did you copy the admx and adml file to your central store?

Thank you for your response.

I got the template to work, found I haven't done that in awhile and was only doing the admx, rather than both the admx and adl, so got that working.

However; this template wasn't very useful as there aren't options around Sticky Keys.  So the GPO I had originally applied is still in place for Sticky keys, but doesn't disable them.  Have you had success disabling Sticky Keys for all ICA Sessions?

Archived