Error SDK Citrix Cloud Connector From Visual C#

Henrry Ortiz

Question

Hi, I'm trying to make a little script in visual c# to get sessions on a c# console , but when i execute this from visual:

using (Runspace runspace = RunspaceFactory.CreateRunspace())

{

runspace.Open();

PowerShell ps = PowerShell.Create();

ps.Runspace = runspace;

PSSnapInException psex;

runspace.RunspaceConfiguration.AddPSSnapIn("Citrix.Broker.Admin.V2", out psex);

Pipeline pipeline = runspace.CreatePipeline();

Command getSession = new Command("Get-BrokerSession");

pipeline.Commands.Add(getSession);

//This line below is where the exception occurs.

Collection<PSObject> output = pipeline.Invoke();

foreach (PSObject x in output)

{

Console.Write(x.ToString());

}

}

I have this error:

Unhandled Exception: System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Failed to connect to back-end server 'localhost' on port 80 using binding WSHttp. The server may be off-line or may not be running the appropriate service ---> Citrix.Broker.Admin.SDK.SdkOperationException: Failed to connect to back-end server 'localhost' on port 80 using binding WSHttp. The server may be off-line or may not be running the appropriate service ---> System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to back-end server 'localhost' on port 80 using binding WSHttp. The server may be off-line or may not be running the appropriate service ---> System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at http://localhost/Citrix/BrokerAdminService/v2 that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I have installed the SDK http://download.apps.cloud.com/CitrixPoshSdk.exe

I have installed Visual Studio on Cloud Connector and run on cloud connector.

If i run the commands from powershell, no problem, just only from visual generating the execuatble and running.

4 answers to this question

This question was posted quite a long time ago but I am facing the same problem with Citrix Cloud today. Can anyone know the reason? I am seriously failing because of this issue. With the Citrix Cloud I am having Cloud API Key and Secret. Moreover I am leveraging that profile to authenticate (XDAuthenticate). The final command (Get-BrokerSession) is working well with that through PowerShell ISE but not with the .net (C#) RunSpace and Automation module. I am getting same above error message.

On 2/22/2020 at 5:23 PM, Brijesh Shah1709161754 said:

This question was posted quite a long time ago but I am facing the same problem with Citrix Cloud today. Can anyone know the reason? I am seriously failing because of this issue. With the Citrix Cloud I am having Cloud API Key and Secret. Moreover I am leveraging that profile to authenticate (XDAuthenticate). The final command (Get-BrokerSession) is working well with that through PowerShell ISE but not with the .net (C#) RunSpace and Automation module. I am getting same above error message.

Hey @Brijesh Shah1709161754, Did you resolve this? I've got the same issue. I might rebuild my project for x64 instead of any CPU, but that will take quite a bit of work to address, Was hoping to find a quick and easy solution. Using Citrix.Broker.Admin.V2 and the cmdlets from Studio works, but when you remove that and use the ones from Cloud Remote SDK, it fails for Get-BrokerSession, even if it successfully does the Set-XDCredentials, Get-XDAuthentication, Get-XDCredentials. Cheers, Jeremy

Yep, confirmation for anyone that finds this as @Henrry Ortiz points out that the solution is you must build your projects with the platform target set to x64 when using the Remote PowerShell SDK. For reference I am using version 7.30. Many hours of debugging and researching to trace that. Glad I came across this thread. Terrible documentation from Citrix too for those of us who are not developers.