Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Auto-created printer (Citrix UPD) have incorrect Duplex and Color print output

Daren Yumol

Question

Hi everyone,

I encountered some printing issues with my auto-created printer (Citrix Universal Printer)

image.thumb.png.9007e88d3e5e548e44cad393f02d9069.png

Duplex settings are not correctly reflected to the print output. As an example, when duplex settings is preset to short edge, the print output would be in duplex long edge. Though this occurs only when printing with MS Excel and MS Word applications. Moreover, after experimenting with the other settings, it seems that color setting is also affected in certain applications. Print outputs are colored despite using B&W setting. Note that during testing, these settings were configured both in the printer driver and in the application to avoid inconsistencies.

To summarize, these are my observations:

1. MS Word print output has incorrect duplex and color setting

2. MS Excel print output has correct duplex but incorrect color setting

3. MS PowerPoint print output has incorrect duplex but correct color setting

4. Adobe Reader print output has correct duplex but incorrect color setting

This is my setup:

1. Printer Server = Windows Server 2012 with Citrix Universal Print Server and Citrix XenDesktop v7.16.0.16057  installed

Policy

* Printing \ Universal Print Server\ Universal Print Server Enable = "Enable with no fallback to windows native remote printing"

* Printing \ Auto-Create Client Printers = "Do Not Auto-Create Printers"
* Printing \ Drivers \ Universal Print Driver Usage = "Use Universal Printing Only"
* Printing \ Drivers \ Automatic Installation of In-box Printer Drivers = "Disabled"
* Printing \ Session Printers = <UNC Path to shared printer on UPS> 

2. VDA Machine= Windows 10 with Citrix VDA and XenDesktop v7.16.0.16057  installed.

3. Client PC (Endpoint) = Windows 7 with Citrix Receiver 4.11 (14.11.0.17061)

Has anyone experienced this? Any insight would greatly help as I currently have no access to chat or call support.

2 answers to this question