Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Question

Hi All,

I'm currently using UPM 5.2 for profile and folder redirection. On first login, users setup their Outlook 2013 account and can access email. On subsequent logins they are prompted with the Outlook setup wizard every time.

In previous versions of UPM I've used UPM settings in conjunction with MS Folder Redirection, and have never experienced issues with Outlook profiles being lost after log off. I've set policies to only allow online mode, and not create .OST's. I've also tried adding AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook to the "Directories To Sync" UPM policy, but no luck.

I've been unable to find an answer on this, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

On 7/7/2017 at 11:29 AM, Darren Teague1709154322 said:

I dont know if this will help any one but I have been having eh same / similar issue.

What I did to resolve my issue was to include the following registry keys.

outlook 2013 and up

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Profiles"

outlook 2010 and below

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Even though I had AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook & AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook set to sync the settings etc were not being saved, well for me anyway.

Adding the above registry inclusions solved my issue.

Hope that helps anyone.

Thank you. Backing up registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Profiles worked for me with Outlook 2013 configured in Online mode and now last profile configuration is getting saved.

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 3:15 AM, Darren Teague1709154322 said:

I dont know if this will help any one but I have been having eh same / similar issue.

What I did to resolve my issue was to include the following registry keys.

outlook 2013 and up

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Profiles"

outlook 2010 and below

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Even though I had AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook & AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook set to sync the settings etc were not being saved, well for me anyway.

Adding the above registry inclusions solved my issue.

Hope that helps anyone.

V13DO

Hi dteague932,

What do you mean with include the registry keys? to where?

Regards,

On 12/18/2017 at 1:45 AM, Gaurav Jain1709158709 said:

Thank you. Backing up registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Profiles worked for me with Outlook 2013 configured in Online mode and now last profile configuration is getting saved.

What about Outlook 2016 and Windows 10? I am having same  issues. Everytime I start Outlook on XenDesktop it starts as a new one and says setting up profile for the first time. Everytime it creates an Autodiscover file on the UPM and also the OST file. I have added and it keeps growing. 

AutoDiscover.JPG