Welcome to our new Citrix community!

powershell question - changing -RootPath in \HostingUnits

Thomas Fitzgerald1709152771

Question

How do I specify a certain connection (of which there are many) in \HostingUnits and set only the item on that specified connection.

If I use set-item do I just specify -PSChildName <PSChildName ie. connection name>?

Or will this assume I'm trying to set -PSChildName to something instead of specifying this is the connection I want to modify.

I'm trying to modify Network ID and other parameters of a connection. I just want to make sure I don't modify the wrong one! (since many of these parameters are common among the connections)

thnx

Edited by: thomfitz12 on Mar 12, 2013 6:33 PM

6 answers to this question

I tried this - I'm trying to change the path since someone on the vmware side changed the path

PS XDHyp:\hostingunits> set-item xdhyp:\hostingunits\Test -RootPath "XDHyp:\Connections\vmware\company.datacenter\path.cluster"
Set-Item : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'RootPath'.
At line:1 char:51
+ set-item xdhyp:\hostingunits\test_Citrix -RootPath <<<< "XDHyp:\Connections\vmware\company.data
center\path.cluster"
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [set-Item], ParameterBindingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NamedParameterNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetItemCommand

RootPath is in the list of parameters so not sure why it is saying invalid parameter name???

I need to change all references to the invalid path so I may also need to change Network ID, Storage, etc. unless changing the RootPath will change it for all others.

Archived