Welcome to our new Citrix community!

ScandALL PRO error message

Jesse Mortimore

Question

Good afternoon everyone.

We have a Xendesktop 5.6 environment with multiple Windows 7 XenDesktops deployed. In on scenario we have a user that is trying to scan using ScandALL Pro version 2.0.1. I have installed all of the application suite on both the local machine as well as on the Xendesktop. We have TWAIN redirect enabled and it is working as we are able to use the scanner within a couple of applications but when we try to can using ScandALL PRO we get a message that states "SA0108E You cannot use the selected scanner as it is not directly connected to the computer"

Has anyone else run across this issue and found a solution?

Thank you

8 answers to this question

We are experiencing the exact same issue in our environment. Have you come up with a solution or a work around for this?

If the scanner is connected to the VDA, it works fine with MS windows fax and scan application. However, if you then open it up in the ScandAll Pro V1.8.1 it gives the error (SA01020E no scanner is found). The weird thing is if you disconnect the scanner from the VDA the software then is able to see the scanner, but then you get a different error (SA01081E You cannot use the selected scanner as it is not directly connected to the computer).

Thanks

Thanks for the response, this is driving me crazy! Where did you find out that the device does not support TWAIN? I downloaded the drivers from the Fujitsu site and it is listed as being a TWAIN driver download. I'll have to call Fujitsu and see if they can explain this to me.

Thanks for the response, this is driving me crazy! Where did you find out that the device does not support TWAIN? I downloaded the drivers from the Fujitsu site and it is listed as being a TWAIN driver download. I'll have to call Fujitsu and see if they can explain this to me.

I am sure that the ScandAll Pro software is being used by more than one scanner model/type, so it may not be the same one, but we looked at the specs of the scanner we were using (I do not remember the model as we got rid of it as soon as we found out it was not TWAIN compliant) and it specifically said that it does not support TWAIN.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I disabled TWAIN redirection (enabled by default), and kept USB redirection enabled and was able to get this to work. When users were connecting to their VDIs they were able to use the device (because of TWAIN redirection) in our EMR and scandall pro without connecting it. However, once they connected the device to their virtual desktop it would stop recognizing it as a TWAIN device, but it would work in windows fax and scan.

Archived