Updated Privacy Statement

Errors occurred when using "SERVERNAME" in the discovery process

Christophe Beaugrand

Question

Hi,

I created a new custom Administrator in my farm and when I launch the discovery process I get the message
An unexpected error occurred. Check that the server name is correct, that the server is on, that Citrix XenApp is installed on this server, and that the Citrix MFCOM Service is running.

I installed Network COM+ on all my server.

If I put my administrator with view only or full admin I works but custom with :
View Published Applications an content and everything check in sessions and same thing in server that host my application It doesn't work.

Help, I'm beginning crazy

Thanks

Christophe

• Like 2

This fails if your are not Administrator after installation or someone installed it and didn't add anyone else, and then delete the account.

You are f... 'ed.

If not (user account still excist .. you may have to reset password and
Use the same user who installed the XenApp farm etc...
login with this user
and add users as administrators (view/read-only or Full-Administrator) whatever needed.

-
If the user is deleted in you Active directory:

In your IMALHC
C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\Independent Management Architecture\imalhc.mdb

(or sql database if used.)
in attrvalue table you may be lucky to find the uid of the user...

like /NT/%DOMAINNAME%/S-1-5-21-8...... etc...

A workaround is to create a new dummy user...
Use mmc
load adsiedit

go to this "dummy" user and replace the uid with the one you find in the database...

Login with your dummy user
Nok start the Management Service Console
Run discovery...
Yep.. perhaps it works if you are a shark. :-)
Add Full-Administrators (I'll recommend you to add a group , and perhaps some extra locked special citrix administrator accounts )

Logout again..
Test with the correct users..
If it works delete dummy user from Citrix Full-Administrators
Delete dummy user from Active directory.

This is a none verified and not best pratice way of doing it.. you may be able to do some other reset Citrix Full-Administrator in another way but this was a way found without pulling everyting to pieces...

Hi Ginoue

What your mention is correct this is a none verified and best practice solution, most of cased data store account doesn’t existing / account was rename / password was reset or cannot remember old data store password.

Hopefully there is tools can solve this issue.

I had to open a case on this issue. My situation was that all of my XenApp6 servers would not run the discovery process. The engineer tried several ideas posted here (dcom perms, changing services local system/network service, running repair 3 times, resinstalling the console, etc.)
Ultimately I convinced him that since it didn't work from any server that it was more likely to be a farm wide issue. After running dscheck we confirmed that there were some records in the data store that were causing issues. Running a dscheck /clean option on the ZDC fixed the issue. A colleague of mine pointed out that then when the DSC was unable to run discovery, the cmdlet get-xaserver was also throwing errors. If you are having trouble running discovery, I highly recommend using get-xaserver to query the farm -- this might point you into the right direction as to why it isn't working. Too bad the engineer didn't think of this.
In our case we had some entries for servers that were no longer in the farm (they were removed and upgraded to XA6.5). For some reason these entries were causing the issue. Perhaps since the servers were online XA6 services (IMA/MFCOM?) were querying them and getting XA6.5 responses?

# Logon as the local Administrator
# Try to run the discovery process
# If it fails (as it did for me) open a command console
# Change directory to the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\Independent Management Architecture
# Type the following command: dsmaint config /user:administrator /pwd:Evaluation1 /dsn:"c:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\Independent Management Architecture\mf20.dsn"
# For the password use your local administrator account password
# You will see the following output: \\ Attempting to connect to the data store with new configuration settings. \\ Successfully connected to the data store. \\ Configuration successfully changed. \\ Please restart the IMA Service for changes to take effect.
# Open Services in Admin Tools and stop the Citrix Independent Management Architecture
# Using the same command console type the following command: dsmaint recreatelhc
# Now restart the Citrix Independent Management Architecture service
# Try the discovery process again and it should work!
Thanks Sarwan www.xdeem.com

• Like 1

Hello,

I am unable to discover Citrix App Center, i get below error message.

Error Occured when using "Servername" in the discovery process

This user account is not an administrator of this farm, or there was a problem contacting the data store. Check that the data store server for the Citrix XenApp farm is online, and verify that your account is configured and enabled as an administrator on the farm.

Any help would be appreciated..

My solution was totally diffrent

Permission were not configured on newly created application folder likely caused by Corrupt Com+.
The users do not have View Published Applications and Content permissions configured.

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX126977

Resolution 3
In the properties of the Citrix Administrator account, go to the Applications section.

Under the node Published Applications, select View Published Applications and Content (on the Applications node and all sub folders).

Error received trying to set permissions.

"Your Configuration Change Cannot Be Made Because The Logging Database Is Unavailable" In XenApp

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX219659
Solution
On the Data Collector: 

1.Open the Component Services snap-in (comexp.msc). 
2.Expand Component Services > My Computer > COM+ Applications. 
3.Right-click CitrixLogServer, choose Properties then choose the Security tab. 
4.Deselect the Enforce access checks for this application check box.