Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Always On VPN Transition time

Hi,

We are currently using Always on VPN which transitions from Machine mode to user mode once user has logged into windows. That works as expected, The issue we are encountering is there seems to be a drop in connectivity during the transition phase which causes logon scripts to be interrupted. Is there a way to delay the transition from machine mode to user mode so it doesn't happen right away. If not are there any settings that anyone can recommend to help with this. 

Thanks in advance for any input

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gerry, i was configuring a similar setup, and did not experience this drop during the transition.

Have you tried setting up some ping probes when starting up(ping the netscaler, ping a ip on the network, ping an ip on the internet (with and without splittunnel), to see if its only part of the tunnel that is not getting up? Do you have other software interfering with the communication (fw, proxy etc) that could be the source to your drops?

Hi all,

I'm also facing a little delay and (depends on the performance of the Notebook) about 2-6 lost pings. I also think "it depends" on the Config. In one environment we are using a dedicated IIP-Subnet for the machine tunnel (which can only connect to SCCM, WSUS, Domain Controllers) for the Logon-mechanism. During the switch to the user tunnel via SSO, groups getting evaluated and other IIP-Subnets are assigned.

Thank You for the responds, We are also using a dedicated IIP subnet, It is most likely due to timing we seem to notice the issue more on certain Wifi networks than when connected with a physical cable. Like you stated, there are many factors, I just wanted to put it out to the group to see what others were experiencing. Thanks again appreciate the feedback