NFactor broke with error "No active policy during authentication."

Jeff Riechers
Go to solution Solved by Jeff Riechers,

So I have a special nfactor setup in my lab built with my terraform that provides a dropdown list of authentication methods for LDAP, Azure SAML, Google, Okta, etc. I was testing out setting up FAS and updated my netscaler to the latest 14.1 build when out of nowhere the nfactor dies after selecting your policy. So I rolled back to my snapshot beforehand, re-applied the same terraform code, and it is still broken. I created a manual nfactor flow with my schemas and policies and they also don't work. I am trying to get details on where the failure is taking place, but I can't find anything in the logs, or in the web code that gives me any direction. I have included a copy of the scrubbed config if that helps.

Hello Jeff,

Error message "No active policy during authentication" indicates that no auth policy is being invoked. This means below expression is not being evaluated correctly:

"HTTP.REQ.BODY(500).AFTER_STR("domain=").CONTAINS("LDAP")"

Please check for case sensitivity here or check whether expression is right evaluated.

Thanks and regards,

Hemang

I had this issue with 13.1 as well with the login encryption. I had to move away from using the "domain" id, and use the user name field instead. I then used a policy which checked the expression AAA.USER.NAME.CONTAINS("OTP"), after the user proceeded to auth they would input their actual user name and this field would be updated. I never had a chance to open a ticket on this issue as it was a one off problem and I couldn't wait for the support wheels to grind.