Updated Privacy Statement

Citrix WEM - GPO settings wont applied

Question

Hello
i am working on deploying Regkey-Settings viw WEM GPO but these settings wont applied on the VDA.

In the Eventlog i receive the error
"Error happened while getting local computer group list"

What i must say is that we didnt use WEM in the past but want to migrate to WEM if all works as we need.

Can someone help me with this issue?
Thanks

Regards Thorsten

3 answers to this question

Thorsten, Do you have other registry keys already successfully applying from WEM?  Or is this the first one?   Getting everything configured so that Agents, Config sets, and Permissions all align for the first time can be tricky.

I have been helping a customer with moving their GPOs into WEM so it is fresh on my mind.

This article may be helpful Thorsten: 

It explains how to import registry keys and it also has a part that shows how see logs for WEM GPO processing:

"

1. After researching this, I had Sharp Gou reach out and explain to me where these logs are located.

View log files | Workspace Environment Management 2303 (citrix.com)

2. Citrix WEM Agent Host Service Debug.log. The log that lets you troubleshoot issues with the Citrix WEM Agent Host Service. By default, this log file is located in %PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Citrix\Workspace Environment Management Agent. To enable logging, be sure to enable Debug Mode for the relevant configuration set on the Administration Console > Advanced Settings > Configuration > Service Options tab. You now will see the GPO processing in that log file. Thank you, Sharp Gou. In this log, you will see the GPO applied and processed."

On 5/14/2024 at 4:59 PM, Robert Peck said:

Thorsten, Do you have other registry keys already successfully applying from WEM?  Or is this the first one?   Getting everything configured so that Agents, Config sets, and Permissions all align for the first time can be tricky.

I have been helping a customer with moving their GPOs into WEM so it is fresh on my mind.

Hi Robert
sorry for the late response. 
this is the first one i want to deploy with WEM but all i try didnt work

Everytime i get the error in the eventlog that"Error happened while getting local computer group list"