Updated Privacy Statement

GSLB configuration across multiple sites

Hi, thanks for the link. It was useful.

Here's what I wanted to ask. Imagine the below scenario :
1) I have an active (Chicago)-passive (SFO) site in the US. I have another active (Mumbai) -passive (Bangalore) site in India. Both the active sites need configuring for GSLB & same for the passive. All 4 sites are in sync with each other & serving the same content. I'll be configuring static proximity as the LB'ing algorithm.
(a) I plan to configure the Chicago-Mumbai services under GSLB_VS-active & SFO-Bangalore services under GSLB_VS-passive. These sites are authorative for a set of DNS sub domains that the netscalers own.
(b) I plan to set priority order for GSLB_VS-active as 1 & priority order for GSLB_VS-passive as 2.
(c) Now imagine if one amongst the active site (eg, Chicago) fails, then would Mumbai be the sole site receiving all traffic until the time Chicago recovers?
(d) If no, then let me know how that works pls.
(e) If yes, then fine but now imagine if Mumbai went down as well.Then would the priority order method kick in to enable GSLB_VS-passive to the passive sites? (for failover)
(f) Also would binding a Reverse monitor to the passive services that monitors the active services be required in this case? (for failback)

Let me know if you think the entire setup can be achieved in any other way. Thanks much Paul & Juliano.

Edited by Rachna R

The other question I had is for a different scenario :
(1) There are 2 DCs - one at UK (active-passive) & one in Singapore (active passive). These are independent DCs , i.e, no GSLB configured across the UK & Singapore DCs.  But if both the DC's are authoritative for the same domain (for eg, glsb.example.com), then how does this work?
Would we need to further delegate different subdomains to each of the locations? eg, define glsb.example.it.com to UK &  glsb.example.hr.com to Singapore?