Welcome to our new Citrix community!

NetScaler OAUth IDP Policy expressions

I have configured NetScaler as an OIDC IdP and am using the grant_type=password. To be able to get a token from /oauth/idp/token endpoint I need to include the following in my POST request body:

grant_type, username, password, client_id, client_secret, resource

I can see that I'm able to set the expression for my OAuth IDP Policy to limit from which IP the user can get the token (expr. CLIENT.IP.SRC.EQ(123.123.123.123)), but I'm not able to use expressions to allow only users in specific group (expr. AAA.USER.IS_MEMBEROF("mygroup")) or specific user name (expr. AAA.USER.NAME.EQ("myuser")) to explicitly allow tokens to be issued for only selected users.

Is there a way to limit the IDP Policies on user-basis? Eventually I will have several OAuth IDP Policies bound to this AAA vServer and I can limit the users for the AAA vServer -wide using nFactor and LDAP policies, but not per OAuth IDP.

Edited by Kari Ruissalo

You would probably would have to setup some form of nfactor to get the username first, run that through ldap nfactor to get the group membership, then based on the group membership send them to oauth for actual authentication.  You would have 2 different oauth policies with necessary default group assignments to route traffic.

3 hours ago, Jeff Riechers said:

You would probably would have to setup some form of nfactor to get the username first, run that through ldap nfactor to get the group membership, then based on the group membership send them to oauth for actual authentication.  You would have 2 different oauth policies with necessary default group assignments to route traffic.

Thank you for your answer, but I think the nFactor path would apply for a case where the NetScaler would act as OAuth SP, but in this case it's acting as an IdP. Is it possible to bind OAuth IdP policies in nFactor Policy Labels? I didn't even think of that 🤔

12 hours ago, Kari Ruissalo said:

Thank you for your answer, but I think the nFactor path would apply for a case where the NetScaler would act as OAuth SP, but in this case it's acting as an IdP. Is it possible to bind OAuth IdP policies in nFactor Policy Labels? I didn't even think of that 🤔

What I can say is, NetScaler is aware of that "problem" that at the moment, an OAuth IdP Policy has to be bound directly to a AAA vServer, not possible to integrate in a nFactor. This limits some auth-possibilities where NS is acting as IdP.

• Like 1