Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Using Python to update Master Image in Machine Catalog

Sharan Mehta

Question

We are using python to automate Master Image updates on all of our Machine Catalogs. I have the script ready to pull the catalogs as described with the python function here - https://developer-docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-daas-service-apis/citrix-daas-rest-apis/how-to-get-machine-catalogs. However, the information I get is far more complex than the sample response provided on the documentation. I want to understand the response I am getting so I can understand what I can change to point my machine catalog toward a new Master Image. Can someone provide some guidance on what fields/values need to be updated to make a successful change just like we would do when updating the master image in the GUI.

1 answer to this question

Hey,

we just started out with the APIs aswell.

I am not quite sure which parameters are mandatory (you may try). I use this JSON Object to set the new Image:

{
    "MasterImagePath": "XDHyp:\\HostingUnits\\HostingConnection\\master-test.vm\\vda installed.snapshot",
    "PrepareImage": true,
    "DedicatedTenancy": false,
    "SecurityGroups": null,
    "UseFullDiskCloneProvisioning": false,
    "StoreOldImage": "true"
}

This is working for me. My approach is: If i don't specify it in the GUI, the default may be the best for me.