Welcome to our new Citrix community!

"You do not have the proper encryption level to access this Session"

Bril licenses

I enabled default ssl profile on netscaler as part of troubleshooting a Mac OS connectivity issue.

The SSL settings:

image.thumb.png.7611d9754695fcffa564749bfccb5a3c.png

I am getting below error on accessing the VDIs

"You do not have the proper encryption level to access this Session"

I tried this to disable default ssl profile to undo the changes, however i cannot find the line in config file.

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX227225/how-to-disable-default-ssl-profile

NS13.0 Build 88.14

I'd suggest to first try to diagnose exactly what is wrong in the MacOS SSL connection. For this you can take a trace (network capture) and then look at the SSL handshake, it could tell you which SSL parameter is failing in the negotiation (SSL versions, chipers, etc). 

Then you can create a new ssl profile and make the necessary adjustments.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 6:28 PM, Felipe Ruiz1709162764 said:

I'd suggest to first try to diagnose exactly what is wrong in the MacOS SSL connection. For this you can take a trace (network capture) and then look at the SSL handshake, it could tell you which SSL parameter is failing in the negotiation (SSL versions, chipers, etc). 

Then you can create a new ssl profile and make the necessary adjustments.

Thanks for the reply.  I will try that. however my main concern now is that I have enabled default profile and maybe it has overwritten my existing SSL profile parameters.

this has affected the App/VDI connectivity from Windows clients also. even the light version .

How can i revert that? as I mentioned I checked the ns.conf file and I did not find the parameter

image.thumb.png.22b05a58cce38eba59341f8742e3b7af.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 8:13 AM, Bril licenses said:

Thanks for the reply.  I will try that. however my main concern now is that I have enabled default profile and maybe it has overwritten my existing SSL profile parameters.

this has affected the App/VDI connectivity from Windows clients also. even the light version .

How can i revert that? as I mentioned I checked the ns.conf file and I did not find the parameter

image.thumb.png.22b05a58cce38eba59341f8742e3b7af.png

The "default SSL Profile" can't be undone. It changes the way NetScaler handles SSL, it would leave the box in an unstable state (believe me, I have tried for scientific reasons). It changes the way, SSL ciphers get bound to vServers. If you undo this change (it's just a line in ns.conf), it will crash the box or in the best case make all SSL vServers unusable.

"Default SSL profiles" are a great thing, and NetScaler will move to this in the near future, so we all have to go there. It leads to a more streamlined configuration. That's the reason why.

If you want to undo this change, you would have to restore an old ns.conf file.

I would rather address the problem with MacOS. The term is a bit misleading, as it's just BSD with a fancy shell. So it can adequately handle SSL. There are 2 reasons for the error message you get:

1. it can't handle the SSL version desired (i.e. TLS 1.2, 1.3). If a box is unable to handle TLS 1.2, it's end of life. I would not go beyond TLS 1.2 anymore.
  2. it can't handle the cipher suites in use. You might read two of my blog articles about proper SSL handling: https://norz.at/?p=1314 (TLS 1.2) and  https://norz.at/?p=1358 (TLS 1.3).

In short, you will probably have to enable the right TLS version and bind decent SSL ciphers to the profile.