Citrix Application Probe - Citrix DaaS

Mislav Novacic1709163391

Question

Hello everybody

We got request to implement Citrix Application probing in our Citrix environment in order to track health of one critical business application.

Our environment consist Citrix DaaS cloud solution with Azure as hosting environment.

All VDA machines are Windows 10 with installed VDA version 2209.0.0.52

Users are using Citrix Workspace URL and Cloud Gateway Service as entry endpoint.

My question is, since I haven't configure probe agent before, are there any step by step guidance how to configure it in DaaS environment and what are the exact prerequisites for that?

Any help or info would be appreciated

Thank you in advance.

9 answers to this question

What authentication type is configured on your Workspace portal? I think only Active Directory is supported.

Citrix Probe Agent supports the default form-based authentication as supported by Citrix WorkSpace. Citrix Probe Agent doesn’t support other authentication methods like Single Sign-On (SSO) or Multi Factor Authentication (MFA). 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Yes. Does it not work? What error are you seeing?

Hello Carl... Just collecting info right now... I plan to start configure it as soon as I sort out user permissions according to article.

Also, as I see that user which will be used for probing not support MFA I need to wait our responsible team to add that account to conditional access policy as exclusion..

If I encounter on problem, I will post error message.

Thank you very much for your help

2 hours ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Yes. Does it not work? What error are you seeing?

Hello Carl... I got this error message

image.thumb.png.ef69e5d716b9d0609271c191ca46ccf8.png

Probing user (citrixprobe) is AD account synced to Entra ID and have MFA disabled with very complex password.

We are using simple setup with Citrix Worskpace and Cloud gateway in order to authenticate and access to Citrix resources.

Identity for authentication iz Azure Entra ID.

I have found this article https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX337199/probe-agent-configuration-fails-with-error-workspace-credentials-fail-to-authenticate-with-cookie-based-persistence-enabled-on-netscaler but it is describing setup with ADC which we don't have.

36 minutes ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

What authentication type is configured on your Workspace portal? I think only Active Directory is supported.

Citrix Probe Agent supports the default form-based authentication as supported by Citrix WorkSpace. Citrix Probe Agent doesn’t support other authentication methods like Single Sign-On (SSO) or Multi Factor Authentication (MFA). 

It is Azure Active Directory because decision was that all users use SSO (Azure pass-through) for authenticating to Workspace. But for this probe user we have exclude from MFA and I thought that was enough.

So, with this configuration Probing will not work? Do you know whether Citrix plan to enable Entra ID (AAD) authentication for probing in future?

Just to take a note, I had a call with Citrix and it is true that modern authentication is not supported for probing (they were also surprised about that), only Active Directory.

They propose to implement adaptive authentication on top of Citrix Cloud platform which can help us with authentication, but for that there are lot's of prerequisites, so we are in the process of preparing those.