Welcome to our new Citrix community!

MCS storage doubts

Egberto Zanetti1709163571

Question

4 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

If you mark more than one LUN, then it will create new VMs round-robin across the LUNs.

A better option is to create a new Hosting Resource with the new LUN. Create a new Catalog on the new Hosting Resource. Then add the new Catalog to your existing Delivery Group.

Hey Carl, thank you.

One last question, if I unmark the current one and leave only the new one marked, what would be the behavior?

Jumping to this thread since I have a question that seems very similar to this one.

Our datacenter team wants to migrate to a new filer.

They will be adding a new filer to the VMWare cluster and are planning to do a storage VMotion on the VM's that are hosted on the old filer.

In our case these are mainly non persistent multisession MCS catalogs and only one persistent single session catalag withj only a few VM's.
As per CTX216179 I understand this should be possible since HypervisorConnectionUid and HostingUnitUid won't change?
I can add new storage and remove remove old storage from the hypervisor connection viet "edit storage" after the Vmotion?

A test in our test environment seems to confirm this, but I want to make sure I'm not overlooking something.